sophie reynolds

I can get my cutter to plot -please help :)

I am only showing an example.  Because I don't have time to price check.  All of this time is VERY expensive.  Maybe someone else can help you.   Goodnight

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

Here is my old 2006 Toshiba Laptop with XP   Here is the slot

parrell.jpg

Thanks for showing me your laptop.  I've going to try and see what I can do about getting one as there is a slot in mine too.  Only I don't think I can afford to buy one right now.  I've just paid my rent and am strapped for cash so looking for a simplier and most cost effective solution.

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I am only showing an example.  Because i don't have time to price check.  All of this time is VERY expensive.  Maybe someone else can help you.   Goodnight

Thank you for your help.  I really appreciate every bit of support you have given me.  Good night! God Bless

I am astonished that the cutter didn't just respond right away in SignBlazer.

I've worked out its not the software but the hardware.  It should come up as COM1 in device manager but its coming up as USB001.

So i've just ordered another adapter to see if that will make a difference.  It can only be that as everything else was installed correctly. But I do not have a driver for the adapter as its a plug and play... so I bought an adapter with a driver.  Hopefully I'll get it on Monday morning.

No, Com1 would be a serial port connection, you are trying to use the parallel port connection, which none of us have any experience with it appears. Your plotter uses a 25 pin serial port, nothing special about it, they were common back in the day. 9 pin is the standard now but you can easily find adapters  to go from 9 to 25, or even a cable that is 9 on one end and 25 on the other. My suggestion would be to get the tripp-lite adapter, figure out if you need a straight cable or a null modem cable, probably null modem, then buy the cable with 9 pin on one end and 25 on the other, or a standard 9pin cable and a 9-to-25 adapter

On 10/3/2020 at 7:32 PM, darcshadow said:

No, Com1 would be a serial port connection, you are trying to use the parallel port connection, which none of us have any experience with it appears. Your plotter uses a 25 pin serial port, nothing special about it, they were common back in the day. 9 pin is the standard now but you can easily find adapters  to go from 9 to 25, or even a cable that is 9 on one end and 25 on the other. My suggestion would be to get the tripp-lite adapter, figure out if you need a straight cable or a null modem cable, probably null modem, then buy the cable with 9 pin on one end and 25 on the other, or a standard 9pin cable and a 9-to-25 adapter

Hi Darcshadow,

I hope you had a lovely weekend.  Sorry to hear about your President.  Our Prime Minister suffered the same fate earlier in the pandemic and it really changed his position once he got it.  He was at death's door and came to appreciate our NHS and even named his newborn child after the Doctors that saved him.  I hope the US gets the level of care it requires to combat the virus and we all get to enjoy our lives going forward.

I found this on ebay as wondered, would this be suitable?  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tripp-Lite-U207-006-Hi-Speed-USB-IEEE-1284-Parallel-Printer-Gold-Adapter-Cable/331346367460?hash=item4d25c853e4:g:evYAAOSwcu5UPVRQ

Many thanks for your continued support :)

I believe that is just Tripp-Lite's version of the adapter cable you already have. It might work, but again, it's a parallel port and few, if any, of us here have experience with getting such an adapter to work or running a plotter via the parallel port.

In theory, you should be able to buy that cable, install any drivers associated with it and you should have a new LPT port on your computer that you can then use in your software.

My recomendation would be these two item:

Note: I'm making the assumption you need a null modem cable. If it turns out you need a straight cable, this would be the one you'd want https://www.amazon.com/Your-Cable-Store-Female-Serial/dp/B002I9XYCC/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=25+to+9+pin+serial+cable&qid=1601917952&sr=8-3

3 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

I believe that is just Tripp-Lite's version of the adapter cable you already have. It might work, but again, it's a parallel port and few, if any, of us here have experience with getting such an adapter to work or running a plotter via the parallel port.

In theory, you should be able to buy that cable, install any drivers associated with it and you should have a new LPT port on your computer that you can then use in your software.

My recomendation would be these two item:

Note: I'm making the assumption you need a null modem cable. If it turns out you need a straight cable, this would be the one you'd want https://www.amazon.com/Your-Cable-Store-Female-Serial/dp/B002I9XYCC/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=25+to+9+pin+serial+cable&qid=1601917952&sr=8-3

Okay, that's great.  Thank you.

Hi, I'm back!

I finally took delivery of the tripp-lite usb to serial adapter and I tried it thinking that all my troubles would be come an end...  only I am experiencing the same problem. 

If you don't mind, I'd like to talk you through what I've done.  I followed the instructions in the manual but the installation kept on stalling at a certain point.  It wanted the ser2pl.sys file which wasn't on the disc.

IMG_3738.JPG.70f96526130fc00fa43d2f7e686450d6.JPG

I searched the internet for the ser2pl.sys file and came across another forum where they gave step by step instructions on how to download the file.  So I down loaded it and the installation was complete.  I went into  device manager to find out what port it was on - COM7

IMG_3742.JPG.5a64b099c928fc87e7e95e978e4c41aa.JPG

I went into printers and devices to make sure the cutter was on the right port

IMG_3743.JPG.1cfc001f3cefb05b1e9f5db1c1b134dc.JPG

And also went into production manager to make sure flexi-sign was pointing to the right cutter

IMG_3744.JPG.d36f805a07fe100aa0ded5375be08b91.JPG

Crossing my fingers, I went to cut my image only to be told Production Manager cannot communicate with the cutter.IMG_3741.JPG.b831d068050560a52e68c33c77767f12.JPG

I have no idea what I have done wrong.  Any ideas what the problem could be?

If you are using a tripp-lite and its pointing to a COM port, can you please tell me what the description is on the device manager?  Mine comes up as Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port.  Is this a standard name for the adapter or should it say tripp-lite? 

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks in advance, Sophie

IMG_3739.JPG

You have to use a Com port number that is 4 or less. in Device manager.  Change the number.  Then match Production Manager,  same com port  number

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

You have to use a Com port number that is 4 or less. on Device manager.

Hi Ms Skeeter, can I just change the port myself?  I'm not sure what 1 or 2 are for, but three is not being used according to the device manager

2 minutes ago, sophie reynolds said:

Hi Ms Skeeter, can I just change the port myself?  I'm not sure what 1 or 2 are for, but three is not being used according to the device manager

I've changed it to COM2 as it was available

search Google on how to unblock the firewall on which ever computer that your using.  Does that Flexisign 7 have a USB dongle?  Like a flash drive?