MrGilleys

Issue with Signblazer 6.0 and Redsail Vinyl plotter

This machine and software have been working fine for the last 2 years, not today when I went to cut out some of my regular decals it just cuts all over the place and randomly.. Instead of cutting " ABC " It cuts lines all over the place.

I have not changed anything on the computer to cause this, Looking for a solution, Im running low on my decals that I need for work

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Attached photo of what the Cutter is doing instead of actually tracing the text

UPDATE: Figuring it was a driver issue, i uninstalled the drivers for the USB - Redsail RS800C Plotter, When trying to reinstall drivers windows says it was unable to install drivers

IMG_3891.jpg

The image is what the cutter is going to do. The dotted lines are moves the cutter makes while the blade is raised. The red is moves the cutter makes when the blade is down. Not sure why it would be moving to the top corner before finishing though.

Here's something to try --

Download and install a new copy of SBE program HERE ----->  http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

What do you mean, Redsail drivers? SBE has the cutter drivers built-in.

(Unless there's an Emulation driver for USB that is specific to that model? Try throwing the MH cutter emulation CDM20828 at it).

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

Alright, Installed the suggested SBE program with no changes, Reasoning I'm needing the drivers is when i plug the in the USB cord it just comes up as saying "USB2.0-Serial" And within SBE that option is not there, It used to say COM3 instead of the USB2.0... The previously provided drivers for this wont work anymore

I tried using the MH Cutter emulation you suggested, that did not work unfortunately 

9 minutes ago, MrGilleys said:

Alright, Installed the suggested SBE program with no changes, Reasoning I'm needing the drivers is when i plug the in the USB cord it just comes up as saying "USB2.0-Serial" And within SBE that option is not there, It used to say COM3 instead of the USB2.0... The previously provided drivers for this wont work anymore

I tried using the MH Cutter emulation you suggested, that did not work unfortunately 

Did you go into your computer device manager and see which com port is being used? 4 or below. Then go into Signblazer and also choose that same com port number in Cutter set up. It is a com port number in Signblazer that you are choosing. 

Yes, none of them are being used.. last time i installed this program and cutter, I needed to install the drivers in order to change USB2.0-serial into COM3

37 minutes ago, MrGilleys said:

Yes, none of them are being used.. last time i installed this program and cutter, I needed to install the drivers in order to change USB2.0-serial into COM3

So install the driver.  As administrator.  Extract it and run it. Then reboot your computer. 

Ive been trying, It wont take it... Automatically or Manually. It says Windows cannot locate the drivers.. even tho these drivers are in the exact folder i select

Other option is to get a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter. That is the brand name. Use it with the null modem cable that came with your cutter.  The Tripp-lite has it's own driver.   Example,  find the best price

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=39WZ6Y1DZ58IT&dchild=1&keywords=tripp+lite+keyspan+high+speed+usb+to+serial+adapter&qid=1601308296&sprefix=Tripp+lite+keyspan+%2Caps%2C843&sr=8-1

OK, I got the drivers to take! found some online, But now im back to square one. Its not cutting what its suppose to be cutting, It just cuts all over the place

Nothing more that I can help with.  But once again a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter has helped many people who use value cutters like yours.  Better communication. More like USB connection.  Those value cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset in them, not true USB like higher end cutters.    I am not saying it will fix it, but just an option.  You may have other problems. 

Im willing to buy a Non-Value cutter to be honest. Do you have any recommendations?  I dont mind spending a few grand on a good cutter with good software.

Many old timers on here, as well as myself, will tell you to buy a Graphtec.  I bought my first in 2008,  I have NEVER had a problem with it.  And cut almost everyday. It is very accurate, and quiet.  Great tracking. No static problems or memory problems.  You set it and forget it.  You don't have to tinker with the settings every time you want to use it.   You can also control it right from your computer.

36 minutes ago, MrGilleys said:

OK, I got the drivers to take! found some online, But now im back to square one. Its not cutting what its suppose to be cutting, It just cuts all over the place

Is it cutting random, or is it cutting exactly the same every time for a given design. If it's cutting exactly what you have in the image above then your problem is that it's not lifting the blade when cutting and you likely have a fried Z-chip.

@darcshadow   Yeah pretty random everytime,  I just noticed actually the unit's fan isent on anymore.... Wondering if this may have caused the overheat and fried the chip you mentioned?