Sign in to follow this  
swaneejuggalo

Just something ive been playin with

Heres a couple of HDR shots i did today i really like this effect and figured i would share im am by no means a photog just been having some fun with it

Heres one from my kitchen table

DSC01444_5_6_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

and heres one from out back

backlot.jpg

frontmorninghdr.jpg

fatcatHDR.jpg

LOL the first one makes me feel like Im the star in "Honey I shrunk the Kids Part 9", LOL

Cool pics.

Joe

Nice job!  I love the 3rd one best.  When I looked at the 2nd one, it makes me think that every state has an area that looks alot like that one! 

Jenny

Guest gracewriter

I thought the same thing Jenny, as soon as I saw it I instantly recognized it and thought, "so you live here too."

Sweet shot, it looks like something out of a horror movie, very spooky

Thanks joe heres one i just did this morning

frontmorninghdr.jpg

what programs are you using for this?

Photomatix is the HDR program and all of the pictures are made with 5 pics at diff exposures +2,+1,0,-1,-2. I don't have a very good camera ohh to have auto bracketing it would be lot easier but i just picked up a good tripod so that helps.Thanks for all the input guys ill post some more as i do them ;D

Guest gracewriter

Magnificant!  Takes me to a whole other world.  Do post more!

Thank you and i will keep posting more i have alot of good places in my head.The funny thing is iv'e never done anything with photography until 2 days ago when i saw this technique and decided to try it.Im just using a little cheap sony cybershot camera i bought a year ago so i encourage anyone with a digital camera to try it !! :thumbsup:;D Ohh and heres a couple more shots

train3.jpg

traintracks2.jpg

Im so glad this train was around before it came i just had water and sky to shoot at lucky me

Love the train track ones!!!  There just aren't as many around any more as there use to be!! Water scenes are always good, especially this time of year when everything is so green around them.  The sky is usually sharp too, but I see you've had to deal with a cloudy day!! Keep up the great work and share often.

Jenny

too bad you didnt figure this out last month when we had the flood.  I bet a pic from the centennial of J.O.D surrounded by water would have been sweet

ohh your from the QCA what part.... No kidding that would have been awesome hate to say it but i'll have more chances in the future

Also any suggestions on more places to shoot.I might go out to wild cat den this friday i think the old mill would be a great pic and haven't been since a youngin

Hey before long your state should hire you to do advertising brochures and website, to bring tourist in!!!  :o  :o

East Mo here.  As far pics how bout these places.  The power plant in between RI and Milan.  The I-Wi center.  Kone Building.  JD headquarters.  The national cemetery on Arsenal Island.  Well anything on the Arsenal would be good!!  JOD.  Outside shot of the skybridge. Figge. any of the houses on river drive in davenport.  the Abby.  Hmm im sure i can think of some more

im going to have to get a tripod and try this out!!

Guest kenya

Where did you get your software?

It called photomatix you can get it here http://www.hdrsoft.com/

After that all you need is a digital camera that has a adjustable exposure or EV and a tripod...

If anyone tries it make sure to post i would like to see them....