treex

Cutting Glitter Vinyl on the MH871

I have the MH871.  When I first got it I could cut just fine with it.  I am trying to cut glitter HTV and have cut this in the past just fine.  Every time now I try and cut,  this is what I get.  I have replaced blades,  I have messed with settings for hours,  I try and find the "sweet spot" but for the life of me I cannot find it.  I am so frustrated.  I adjust both blade up and down,  pressure up and down.  I have tried all three angle blades to see if that fixes it.  I have owned a graphtec in the past and never ever had issues with that machine like this.  Does anyone have any ideas?  As you can see in the image, it cuts part and lifts the other without cutting.  This is a whole sheet of 7 cuts, all of the same graphic but nothing I do makes it cut properly.  PLEASE HELP!

120152814_633022674047741_3269010439198549154_n.jpg

Have you cut this design in the past? That looks like there is a lot of small cuts. The glitter I've cut was a good bit thicker than normal HTV and a royal pain to work with. Only advise I can offer is to follow Mz Skeeter's instructions for setting blade depth and go from there.

I know you said you tried adjusting the blade up and down, but that says to me you didn't actually set it correctly, just guessed. Get the blade set correctly then further troubleshooting can be explored.

This is correct way to set your blade depth for any vinyl.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

It is a small design for hats,  I have cut it in the past for sure and it has worked,  But finding the depth "sweet spot" for this material is a time consuming and product waisting thing.  I will try these things and see If I get results!  Thanks for your advice!

Maybe keep an extra blade holder and blade for your glitter projects. Then you won't have to work so hard finding the blade depth for it. 

• Like 1

what skeeter said and going from a graphtec with a servo motor to the course stepper motor on a mh would be torture for me - make sure you slow it way down also

• Like 1