dvddvd

Log of vinyl ?

I was looking on a vinyl supplier site and you can buy the vinyl by the m or by the log? What is a log? A full roll? It was 50m Thanks

I don't know of any seller in the U.S. that calls them logs or meters.  Your the only person in a long time from the UK, active on here. Full rolls are 150 ft long. And can be cut in different widths.  Like Oracal comes in 30 ft long or 150 ft long.   150 ft is pretty standard for a vinyl shop to use.  That is all that I purchase. 150 ft. long  Oracal .  15", 24" ,30" widths.  Your vinyl supplier is where you should be asking.  . 

• Like 1

I believe when I have heard them referred to logs it was the full 60" wide - used to have app tape cut from what I think they referred to as logs to widths I specified 

Uh, I'd ask for clarification. The term is used in the web convertor industry. Convertors take a huge roll of material from a manufacturer and cut it down to retail sizes. They call the huge rolls "logs." Obviously that's not what the vinyl site is selling, but it's very odd to use that term.

Here's a log of 3M masking tape. This is how vinyl and any adhesive tape type material is made. Orafol, for example, does their converting in-house. They probably use the term "log" to mean something like the photo. Why a supplier is using that word is anybody's guess.

convertor.jpg.f4b9f262660ec98023f4e2b4c2ab47f4.jpg

Well this IS Great Britain, they drive on the wrong side of the street, and eat crumpets.

In the USA, we call something else logs. (I prefer not to get more descriptive, it's sorta gross)

• Haha 2

Only one correct side of the road!  We also use the word "log" for something you can be proud of after breakfast.....

Everyone knows the correct part of the road to drive down is in the middle right down the line, that's what the line is there for. Jeeze. :)