dvddvd

How would i do this?

Hi everybody.

I want to be able to type some text in Vinylmaster or  select a logo or art work etc

Then save it and in Photoshop open up a photo of a room with a blank wall and place the text on the wall to see what it looks like?

I tried converting it to a jpeg bitmap and when i placed it onto the image  in Photoshop it was there but a white square behind the text not a transparent background? thanks

Just had another go and when the pop up box appears when you want to export there is an option to have the background transparent but it does not allow you to select this choice?

why not just import your room picture in vinylmaster and put your artwork over it to see what it looks like - less steps and same result 

• Like 2

Thanks did not think of doing it that way, so easy and instant many thanks

Works a treat! fantastic software Vinylmaster DSR

It works great on wall photos i have where the wall is dead on facing you, but a lot of the empty wall photos are taken on an angle?

I have used the Photoshop vanashing point tool before when i added picture frames to the walls.

You make the grid on your wall and when you add your graphics etc and it makes the graphics or logo etc fade out to the angle of the wall ie the front edge will be longer than the back edge  (sorry a not very good description!) a vanishing point....

So if I wanted to do that how would i remove the background to graphics in Vinylmaster to add them to photoshop? thanks

• Like 1

Can you not just do it all in PS? Just make sure that the what text/graphic that you drop it has a transparent background. I've done cutting job mockups in PS, and not even touch the cutting software until it's ready to go.

• Like 2

The jpg file format does not support transparent colors. The two raster image formats I know that support transparent colors are PNG and GIF. I believe VM can export as PNG and that would be the one I'd suggest. Second option would be to set the background to some wild color then use PS to delete that color from the image.

• Like 1

Hi thanks yes i exported as a PNG and then placed it in PS nad the text had a transprent background many thanks

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.