Sign in to follow this  
Nikolay

CE6000-60 Unfinished corners and lines.

I use 45' blade 
cant make it to cut all the way to the corner. Corners are unfinished and cant peal small details. 
Problem 1 RED : Not reaching the corners. 

Problem 2 GREEN : sometimes lines are not fully cutrted. Have uncutted spaces. 

fail.jpg

First make sure that your blade depth is set correctly.  You must start there. Vinyl is only 2-3 mil and you only cut with the very tip of the blade.  Do not use instructions that say use a credit card thickness or a post it note.  They are wrong. 

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

I have the lens for adjusting the blade. It is set to the first line. 
I tested fine adjusting it to + or - lenght, not better results in cornesrs. 
so far the best for streight lines is with force 10  but corners still remain uncut perfectly. 
with force 11-12-13 same results , just blade go deeper in waxpaper. 
10 is perfect with verry little scratch on paper. perfect lines, but Uncut corners. 
Offset +1 +2/ -1 -2 no result in corners. 
Speed up and down - no result for corners. 
Changed the blade with 30' and 60' - no result for corners. 

Do i Have to adjust  the Offset Angle  ? 
Or some other settings to full cut this corners.  

With or without lens  , i tryed to fully hide the blade, then little pullout and test with different force.  
then pull a bit more and test again with forces, and again and again.  Perfect condition was 10 force with 5 speed.  All lines of my Text are perfect , Just corners are Uncut.   When go over this 10 force, knife go deeper in wax, but corners remains uncut. 

Use the instructions that I gave you above, on vinyl.  We don't use a lens to set our our blade depth on any cutter.  I have Graphtecs also.   They cut perfect.   Is this a new cutter to you or did you start to have problems?   The correct combination is less blade more force.  Make sure you haven't broken your blade tip off.  No gouges scratches in teflon cutting strip.  Try a drop of light oil in the blade holder. 

i have done it. good lines and uncut corners 
Just did a reset to default settings. 
And made  it with your way again but  same result. Uncut corners
i changed the blade with new one, same... uncut corners :( 

plotter is Brand new from the shop.

Are you sure that you have the blade holder in correctly, with the flange holding down the outside rim of the  blade holder? So the blade holder is tight?   Can you show a picture of the blade sticking out of the blade holder? 

I dont know what is this 0.1 on the display  it appears after i change the acceleration from 2 to 1 and start adjusting the force and speed. 
It was not there when i reset deffault settings. 

You should just barely see it. Back it in more and use the force. You should barely even feel the tip.  Another way Graphtec told me, Was to get down eye level.  With the cutter off and with vinyl in.  Push down the blade holder, You should just barely see light under the blade holder. You only cut with the very tip. That is all that I can help with.  Contact Graphtec. 

The picture above, is that from your Cutting Controller?  Computer screen?   Are you sure the settings are the same on your cutter?   I thought you were controlling from your vinyl cutter. 

Yes  settings are 100 % the same,  it is easy for me to use PC for settings. 
It is good, Just the blade goes deep in waxpapaer to have this perfect result. ..  and will wear out faster. 

Well back the force back some more, It shouldn't cut deep into wax paper. Just barely make a scratch on the liner.   I use my cutting controller also from my computer.  

lines are cutted perfectly at 13, so there is enoughh force. But corners are bad. 
in 14 is the same.
  in 15 comes the good corners, but the lines are  already+2 force  and deep in waxpaper. 

Is there ony settings tat i have to change when using different blades,  ( except force and speed, i know i have to change them for different media and different blades ) 

No,  If using  CB09U blade.  I only change force for using chrome vinyl.    And speed for small text. I don't touch my blade for either.   Just the force.  I cut Oracal 651.   What is that vinyl that your using?