Sign in to follow this  
BLINGGIRL48

SC CUTTER /DECAL ISSUES

ok working on decal vinyl really need to finish this project ASAP... when i send it to my cutter... my cutter goes all the way to the end aruond 27'' and starts trying to cut even though my material is only12'' wide... i have tried moving the cutter orientation from horizontal to landscape and vise verse still.. cutter goes to the end???
worked fine yesterday PLEASE HELP...
I HAVE AN SC CUTTER.

Are you placing the carriage head at the far right side of the vinyl edge and pushing the ORIGIN button first before sending?  You must do that.   ORIGIN is where the cutter starts measuring from.    Does it do the same thing, if you use paper and pen?  Make sure that your design is in lower right hand corner of software and that your not using WYSIWYG  in your cutting software. 

Those value cutters have better communication on a serial cable or a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter with the null modem cable that cable with the cutter.  That is the brand name.   Value cutters have a cheap Chinese chip set in them. 

I would encourage you to set the width of the vinyl in the cutting software that you're using, that will help with the WYSIWYG before sending it to the cutter. It will also help prevent accidental slashes in the cutting strip because the blade dragged off the vinyl.

If you let us know the software that you using and maybe a screen shot of your screen before you sending it to the cutter might help us narrow down the issue.

Not familiar with your software but are you using the jog buttons to adjust vinyl position and then using the origin button to set the origin on the cutter?  

There should be some kind of cut (print) preview or some kind of mockup screen on how it looks like it will cut, could you get a picture of that?

Are you resetting your origin when you move the blade carriage to the start position that you're looking for?

Wow, blingGirl, you're still stuck on this? It's been several days since you came here, and yet, you said that the project had to be completed ASAP! Just load SignBlazer, Import your .eps design, and use Liyu model in the Cutter Setup.

SignBlazer is a great troubleshooting tool to determine if a cutter operation failure is hardware or software related.