Sign in to follow this  
Shane Quale

MH 871

Hello Friends,

I've got an issue that I am trying to resolve. I am using the USCutter MH871 cutter with USCutter 60 degree blades and the UCutter blade holder as well.

My issues I am having is the letters in the middle are being picked up by the blade and it will not cut a full perfect circle so my lines are off. I've also got squiggly lines as you can see in the picture.  Any suggestions?

I am using Oracal 651 vinyl. You can see in the picture to exactly what the issue is. I can cut one decal perfectly but when I switch to a different decal its all goofed.

What force/speed do I need to cut at? I don't know....

Any  help would be greatly appreciated.

image0.jpeg

search for setting blade depth. It's been posted hundreds of times on here. When vinyl is lifting, you have too much blade  exposed.  Slow the cutter down. 

• Like 2

Ok I will give that a try. Thank you.

Some of this issue to is if I cut a square, the corners are not at 90 degrees. Sometimes it will complete 3 of the corners but the other will be way off.

Thanks

Shane

Correct blade depth is first to do, then your blade offset. Start at 0.25 mm  then adjust 0.05 plus or minus  Your welcome.

• Like 1

make sure there is sufficient slack on the vinyl for the entire job to cut.

slow the cut speed down.

• Like 1

Ok so I got the speed set to 24 and the force to 120. The blade adjustment is now way better.

I still have slight jagged lines but barely noticeable. Also I have roller marks in the vinyl so an adjustment is definitely needed there.

Thanks

Roller marks don't hurt a thing, the marking is caused by the grit roller on the bottom of the wax paper backing.. They come out when you apply the vinyl in most cases. You start creating other problems when you go adjusting the pinch rollers. 

• Like 1

you can check your offset and see if that will help.

1120118166_offsetpic.gif.a66114d90922943d158a832bbefefa0e.gif

• Like 2

Thanks guys! Very helpful. I will give some things a try today. I didn’t expect it be perfect being a value cutter but I think I can get some nice work out of it.

Thanks again.

Shane

Attached is my better of the ones I have cut and did test runs on this morning. Its pretty decent for me so to speak. You can see in the decal where the 2 props on the left are thinner that the 3 props on the right. Also, some of the cuts are slightly rounded but really not too bad. Its going on a model airplane so being perfect isn't a must but I will try and learn to make cleaner things down the road.

image0 (1).jpeg