DapperCass

MH 871 mk2 cutting across designs randomly HELP

Mh 871 mk2 

machine was 2nd hand and worked amazing until recently when I accepted this wedding cup order. 

Pics below to show what it’s doing. 

Story: I was recently cutting a bunch of glitter vinyl (small pieces on a cut mat) To get my blade settings right. Switched from 45 to a 60 for intricate parts hada get depth into the glitter 651. It took way too long bc I didn’t see in vinylmaster Cut (yes it’s activated)  the angle setting. Finally got it down after wasting a pricey 12x48 on tests. I had the lifting problem a lot. 

ff : it cuts once perfectly on sample piece. 
I cut a 12x12 lay it on the mat and proceed to cut My customers desired design and wham the following happened over and over.  

It started as a diagonal right thru the design. I deactivated and reactivated. 

restarted windows via parallels tried again. It began randomly lining as showing with the pen test. 

I removed paint by grounding wire, still persist. Bought a comm to usb wire - didn’t really work. Swapped USB ports. Still continues. I’ve stopped orders for 5 days now due to this. 

Looking for solutions - sign blazer is an eyesore And I cant find the correct driver even trying red sail. 

seriously considering a circuit atm. 

2941AEB4-140F-4BA0-9ED7-05476358D056.jpeg

3692124E-32F6-4A1D-BEEA-099213279036.jpeg

Is it all designs, or just this one? If just this one, could be a stray node causing problems.

Also, once you get the cross problem sorted out, you'll want to be sure to remember to weld your text before cutting.

If the cutter is working with VM, then the necessary drivers are installed already and SB should work just fine. Although I noticed you mentioned Parallels so I don't exactly know how drivers in a virtual machine running on a MacOS work.

46 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Is it all designs, or just this one? If just this one, could be a stray node causing problems.

Also, once you get the cross problem sorted out, you'll want to be sure to remember to weld your text before cutting.

If the cutter is working with VM, then the necessary drivers are installed already and SB should work just fine. Although I noticed you mentioned Parallels so I don't exactly know how drivers in a virtual machine running on a MacOS work.

All. My bulk stickers design have a similar slash. Some do. Some don’t. But this thing * will randomly reset no matter where and take off running the X axis. 

also I didn’t create in VM. I did in Photoshop as VM cut didn’t recognize my on board fonts even when installed on my windows side. 

Ok, with it being all designs, my next suspect would be static. But static doesn't usually present when using the pen and paper.

when you say the usb2serial didn't really work, what do you mean and which brand of adapter did you buy?

I'd also suggest trying some different software. If you don't want to use SB, give something else a try. Most have free trials although they will usually cut a slash threw the design so it might be hard to tell if it's working or not. I do believe the trials cut the slash last through. You could also give Inkscape a try. It's not an actual cutting software it does have the ability.

Another option would be to try a different computer, ideally one running windows as the MH cutters are advertised and not being mac compatible. Have any friends that have a windows machine you could use?

I belive it is the baud rate. My USB broke now it does this. I lowered my baud rate all the way down which can only go down to 4800 and it cuts right sometimes. Other times not. Lower your baud rate on both your cutter and program and it might give you half a chance. 

These cutter are poorly designed where it can't handle too much info sent to it so it just starts cutting a straight line. I'm gonna have to find a new company with better products. 

Lowering the baud rate won't change anything if it's not the correct baud rate. The cutter is designed to operate at a specific rate, if the computer is not talking to it at that rate, it won't work.

It will if you lower it in both the machine and the software. 

Mine cuts better but still randomly sends a glitch straight line. 

Make sure you are using the cord with the ferrite core. It helps with electromagnetic interference. 

Try welding/combining everything, then check to see if there are stray nodes going on.

If you're going with it, then post the file and others can see if they get the same results as you.