Kodeny

MH871 does not cut deep enough

Hi,

MH871 is not cutting deep enough. I see lines of graphic but does not cut deep enough to weed. I changed the blade, blade holder, and strip.

Please give me some help!

Thank you.

Let's first make sure that you set the blade correctly.    Make sure the wheels of the carriage head are firmly down in the rail. 

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

The carriage arm does move up and down, correct? What do you have the pressure on the cutter set to? Do you get the same results with the test button on the cutter?

Yes, the carriage arm moves up and down. Cutter pressure is 80. The test results are the same. It makes thin cut on the vinyl but not enough to weed.

80 should work, but it is a bit low compared to mine. I run around 120. Have you tried raising the pressure and if so how high did you go and did it make any difference at all?

Is this a new cutter?    Or did the problem just start?    Are you cutting the correct side of the vinyl?   You should be cutting the dull side of the vinyl.

As Skeeter suggested, make sure you're cutting the correct side of the vinyl and if you are, keep raising the pressure.

If you've set the blade depth per skeeter's instructions then you should be able to just keep raising the pressure till it cuts through.

boost your force up much higher.   Keep boosting it until you can't anymore.  Your not going to hurt anything.  

1 hour ago, Kodeny said:

I think the machine is dead now. No one seems to have the same issue as mine.

Did it stop running completely? If you haven't abused your machine, it should last you a lot longer than that. I've got a machine that going 11+ years.

At the heart of it, cutters/plotters are very basic machines and once the actual problem is identified most of them can be fixed or parts replaced rather easily.

• Like 1