Graphic Content

Layered images cutting completely instead of how I want.

Hello all,

As you can guess I am pretty new to vinyl cutting. I am using VM Cut 4.2 and am trying to get my image to cut the outlined text, which it does, and the heart, which it does. But without cutting the entire heart outline and cutting right through my lettering. I'm sure you already know what it is doing and what I missed. But I screen shot a couple pics for reference in case I wasn't explaining myself well enough.

I will be doing this project with HTV on black shirts just for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Regards,

Rob

outline1.jpg

outline2.jpg

you need to isolate the all the pink and weld (combine) it together. you can check if you successfully got it welded it by checking the wireframe/nodes.

then cut by color.

• Like 2

it's hard to tell for sure from that wireframe view, but it looks like you'll want to weld all the black as well. Two separate welds of course. Select all pink, weld it, select all back weld it, then cut by color.

• Like 2

Thank you for the responses. I'll play around with welding tonight and see what I can figure out.

Its all 1 color, the black is just the color I chose for the outline since it will be on a black shirt. It cuts the outline perfectly so I was happy with that, 1st time using that feature.

Thanks again for the help.

If you simply outlined the text, you'll need to convert the outline to an object before you weld the text to the heart.

You might also be able to simply duplicate the text and remove the fill color. I've not played with VM enough to say for sure without firing it up and playing with it myself.

7 hours ago, darcshadow said:

it's hard to tell for sure from that wireframe view, but it looks like you'll want to weld all the black as well. Two separate welds of course. Select all pink, weld it, select all back weld it, then cut by color.

Nice catch! Yes, any font that is going to have any overlapping should be welded prior to cutting.

I played around with it and welded the outline to the heart. That gave me the heart and the letters outside of it. I added the text and outline again and tweaked here and there and it printed perfectly.

Being able to do something like this without pulling whats left of my hair out goes a long way.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.