mijaprints

Laser point 3 jpeg not vectorizing

Hello all

I am extremely new to this world but so fair enjoying it. 

I talked with tech support yesterday to help set up and they also helped me change my png to a cut file. Once done with them, I went in to change another file and it was jpeg. Did the exact same steps and it will not change to a vector image. It keeps saying must vectorize. I trace and accept when all the words turn blue but when the screen returns its still a jpeg. 

Is it the file itself?? Idk what to as the files are sent from a customer for tshirt printing. Also I think tech support is closed. Any help is appreciated 

Thanks! 

.jpg, .gif. .png, .bmp, are raster images ... and are not vector based files.

What software did they have you use to vectorize your .png file? Some cutter software have built-in vectorizing features, while others do not. A free design program that you can use to vectorize a raster image is inkscape. You can search the forum, as I've recently posted detailed instructions on how vectorize a raster images in Inkscape.

if you do not know what a raster or vector image is, I encourage you to Google it, because cutters will only cut vector files - so it's important to know the difference.

Some programs the trace image is on top of the original and if the original has a white background you can easily select it rather than the trace. Try selecting the image and then move it to see if there is a copy there as well.

If that doesn't work, let us know what software you're using and that'll get us started in pointing you in the right direction.

• Like 1