Regiee

JK721 Plotter problem

Hello!

I have this problem with my JK721 plotter: Video link

I tried so many offset and overcut settings. The knife (45 degree) is new and set correctly. Speed and Force correctly. For square shapes, do not cut the film properly.

Can anybody help me please?

You state blade is set correctly.   But you don't state how you set the blade depth.  So how do you know it is set correctly?  Do not use any instructions that have to do with thickness of a credit card or post it notes.  Blade must be set correctly before adjusting anything else.  You only cut with the very tip of the blade.   Most vinyl is only 2-3 mil.  Also start with  0.25 mm for blade offset  adjust   0.05 plus or minus to get good results. Make sure blade is spinning freely, Add a drop or 2 of light oil in the blade holder.   You must make sure that the cut of the TEST feature on you cutter is good first, before cutting designs.   Make sure there are not gouges or scratches in your cutting strip. 

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

• Like 1

Looks like a blade depth problem to me. You could probably use a bit of overcut as well.