Sign in to follow this  
Clare

New to Vinyl

Hi  I'm new to using Vinyl and I was hoping that someone could give me some advise on the best transfer tape to use with Oracal 651.   Would the best tape be the Orafol with a medium tack adhesive or would another transfer tape be better?

It depends on what you use it for.    Most professionals use paper transfer tape.  So that you can install wet or dry.   I use medium tack myself.   Never used Orafol .   I use Main transfer tape. 

• Like 1

Thanks for reply MZ SKEETER  I'm really just using it to make small decals.   I will have a look at Main transfer tape.

1 hour ago, Clare said:

Thanks for reply MZ SKEETER  I'm really just using it to make small decals.   I will have a look at Main transfer tape.

small or large - I use paper tape too - 4075rla or 4076rla are my goto tapes - clear is for the hobbiest that sell at swap meets as it will not conform to a compound curve like many back windows 

• Like 1

Transfer tape (app tape) is a disposable item, and depending on what you expect from it, pretty much any stuff will be OK.

I have been using 'house brand' tapes for years and it suffices. A decent tape I've used is called LayFlat from USCUTTER.

• Like 1