SKMCB

I set up SC2 and it won’t stop humming

I recently got a SC2 UsCutter and it makes a humming noise after putting it together. I flip The power switch to on and that’s when it starts making the noise. I try to press the buttons on the control panel and the only one that works is the reset button, but once it resets it just goes straight back to making that noise. The screen also says Welcome and that’s it. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

The short answer to your question is  "No" --  we cannot troubleshoot this kind of malfunction from where we sit.

You need to contact the tech support at USC.

Personally, I would dismantle the unit and check out if there is a visible physical problem with the "Stop" sensor located in the top rail.
To get access to that, take off both end caps (4 screws) and you'll see 2 forward screws holding on the top cover. Remove those and tilt it back. The sensor tells the cutter where the carriage position is at the end of travel to the right.

could it be a fan that you are hearing - what have your done to set up the plotter to start cutting?

Fan? The SC2 doesn't have a fan, AFAIK.  Mine doesn't, anyway.

The unit is failing its self-test. When switching it on, the display will show the values of Speed800,Force80, (copy0) and the words "System is idle..."  and this one never reaches that point.

My best guess in this situation would be that the limiter sensor is malfunctioning, and not reading/seeing the location of the carriage.
This particular piece is accessible and can be verified using a phillips screwdriver & getting to it is very easy.

Beyond that, it may be an internal circuitry problem.