Sign in to follow this  
Nellycuttz

Graphtec ce7000 not finishing cuts.

Hello, I’m new to the group. I have a graphtec ce7000 and my cutter starts cutting perfectly fine but after about 6 inches into a 10”x13” cut, it goes over the image without cutting it. It barely touches the vinyl. I’ve tried with siser vinyl, oracal vinyl. Has this happened to anyone else? Please help me, I’ve tried changing the force, the speed, adjusting and cleaning the blade. I used to have a USCutter and never had any of these problems. Having buyer's remorse.

You must set your blade depth correctly to the vinyl. Do not use any instructions that say use a credit card or a post it note. Run slow until you learn your cutter. No reason to run fast.   Blade offset is ZERO on a Graphtec.   Make sure you have your blade holder rim is under the flange in the carriage arm. (The blade holder would be too high) and blade would not touch. We see people doing that. 

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You must set your blade depth correctly to the vinyl. Do not use any instructions that say use a credit card or a post it note. Run slow until you learn your cutter. No reason to run fast.   Blade offset is ZERO on a Graphtec.   Make sure you have your blade holder rim is under the flange in the carriage arm. (The blade holder would be too high) and blade would not touch. We see people doing that. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will try that and pray it works.

also make sure the  ridge on the blade holder is UNDER the tab meant to hold the blade holder in place and not on top like your old uscutter me series.  Otherwise the blade holder can just ride up and not touch

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will try that and pray it works.

17 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

also make sure the  ridge on the blade holder is UNDER the tab meant to hold the blade holder in place and not on top like your old uscutter me series.  Otherwise the blade holder can just ride up and not touch

I didn’t have the blade holder under the rim. It is cutting and I’m not having any problems with my cutter. Thank you both. I appreciate y’all taking time out of your day to respond to my issues. Take care!

• Like 1

that will do it, glad you got it figured out - lots of videos on graphtec site on the new plotter 

I hope that you no longer feel "Buyers Remorse"  . Graphtecs are great machines, and do take some learning, But they are pretty much set it and forget it.  If using Windows. You might really like the Graphtec Cutting Controller,  Just change settings from your computer.  You don't even mess with most buttons on the vinyl cutter it's self. I cut mostly sign vinyl and rarely change any settings. 

• Like 1

after feeling the ce7000 (this particular one at least) wasn't living up to my expectations - it is going back and a fc-9000 coming after skeeter telling me for years I should upgrade :/   I blamed it on skeeter when my wife asked :)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

after feeling the ce7000 (this particular one at least) wasn't living up to my expectations - it is going back and a fc-9000 coming after skeeter telling me for years I should upgrade :/   I blamed it on skeeter when my wife asked :)

Yippie! can't wait to hear you oooooh and awwwwe about it.   Great choice. I also told you maybe you should hang onto the CE6000.  LOL 

• Like 1

lol - unfortunately the ce6000 that I had is now residing in wisconsin and the ce6000-60 plus is for sale but I have used it today while waiting on the fc9000 to arrive this week.

and yes you did tell me to hold onto the ce6000 - I just never had a graphtec not live up to my high expectations before

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Wait til you see how much taller and sturdier it is. 

I had a fc4100 once, was a beast.  This is coming on a pallet so could be interesting getting it to the basement.  May have to call in the son in laws

I see they changed how the catch basket is on it installed.  Not sure I like that.  Even the FC7000  and FC8000.  came different also.  But that  FC9000 is totally different.   I hope you like it and it works much better for you. :D

• Like 1