DeadEnd Graphix

Vinyl Express JII-61 Plotter cutter

I have a Vinyl Express JII-61 plotter cutter I have had for years with VE LXi 7.5. I don't use the machine too often because it is hooked up to a windows XP computer with a parallel printer cable. Over the years I have contacted Sign Warehouse where I bought it waning to up grade it to a more current version of windows. They told me I would have to purchase a new machine and software. Does anyone know if I can get this machine setup with a windows 10 machine or do I in fact have to upgrade the who vinyl cutting setup. 

It does have a USB printer port as well as a serial port. 

I believe it is a rebranded GCC machine. as I went to their website and it is very similar looking to the machines on there. Tho I cannot find a serial number to check or contact GCC's tech support.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Windows XP is more stable than Windows 10.  I have been using XP with my cutter since 2006 and I cut almost daily. What's the problem?   Many here still use XP. 

The PC is slow as molasses and it freezes up after working on it for a while. Not to mention I have a beast of a desktop and a couple laptops I could use that are much quicker.

Your software is not compatible  with Windows 10. Not even Vista compatible until version 8.5   Maybe you could try the Free Signblazer and go thru and find a driver to work. Other wise find a current cutting software. 

As Skeeter said, all you need is cutting software that can talk to the plotter. If it has a basic serial port then there is a good chance it uses the standard HPGL protocols and most any cutting software can talk to it through the serial port.