wsqpem

New lease on life for throwback MH1351?

So in 2008, the family business I worked for bought an MH1351 and put it in service. That machine was retired about four years ago having had around 4 motherboard changes, but still in good working order. Last week, that same cutter suddenly came back into my possession. I would like to use it to do some hobby & craft cutting, and I'm curious to know how I might get it working again. These are my options to connect it: I have a laptop PC running Windows 8.1 and a desktop PC running Windows 10. Both machines have a copy of CorelDraw X7, my primary design software, but I'm content to try another cutting program. I only have USB ports to connect with. I'm looking for suggestions as to what combination of Windows, data cable, cutting software, and (most importantly) device driver, might get the computer and MH1351 talking to each other again. Thanks to the community for any insights you may offer!   

Cutters can be used across different versions of Windows, so take your pick. I personally will use any version other than Win10, only because I have a love/hate relationship with the forced auto-updates.

You just need to get your hands on software to send the cut - Sign Blazer Elements is free, and it'll do the job. It will also do some design, but compared to CD, it's kind of antiquated and looks kind of comical (and I mean that in a good way). I love Sign Blazer. It's what I learned on, and it's what I still use now and again.

If that doesn't really work for you, you can checkout the different ones out there, and most have a trial for you to test drive. Just be forewarned that in trial mode, they will cut slashes into your design until an actual license is purchased - but hey, at least you can try all of the features for free before buying.

VinylMaster, Easy Cut, Sure Cuts A Lot, Flexi, etc ....