Carlos9780

My cutter is cutting sloppy

Brand new cutter MH 871-MK2

Settings

• Cutspeed:  030mm/s ( I've mess with this and nothing has change in terms of quality)
  • Cutpress100g

The values underneath the cuts represent my 'Blade Offset" & "Overcut". I change my blade offset to .0 and nothing has change. I've adjusted my blade depth; that hasn't done anything. I've reinstall VinylMaster onto my computer and that has not change anything as well. I've use the default settings for my "Blade Offset" & "Overcut" and nothing has change. 

I don't know what else to do. Customer support can't figure it out. Customer support just resorts to the issue being cause by my blade offset.

Here are some pictures as well. My vectorize cuts don't look nothing like my cut on my cutter. They are "off track" or not proportional. The cuts are not straight.

Please help, should I return the cutter and re-purchase something else? I really want to fix my issue 

IMG_3106.thumb.jpg.9f602812c049b87efccf8b834ee6367d.jpgIMG_3105.thumb.jpg.61962fdb04a1b99865e3b5364d67cdc7.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

You must start with getting the blade depth set correctly. Then you set the blade offset.  It looks like you have too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. Sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick.  Always have the vinyl free, and never be pulling from the roll while cutting. Cut slow, while you are learning your cutter.  Make sure that you have not gotten vinyl pieces stuck up in the blade holder. It should be clean inside. 

This is correct way to set your blade depth. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

if it was blade offset your corners on the squares would not be sharp - there is something moving somewhere - start with what skeeter said,  make sure the carriage is on track, make sure there are no cracks in the carriage blade holder, the cut stip is not grooved, and maybe a new blade holder.  also make sure you are unrolling enough for the job and not making the plotter pull it off the roll

Please help, should I return the cutter and re-purchase something else? I really want to fix my issue 

Quick answer -- yes.

Step up to the SC2 and you'll be off and running.

Just need to go through all the basics -

• blade depth
  • blade pressure - just enough to cut through the vinyl & adhesive, but not cut into the backing
  • offset
  • pull from slack - do not pull vinyl directly from roll, always pre-pull enough slack to run the entire job

if the cuts still aren't turning out the way you want, try slowing the cut speed down.

please keep in mind that stepper motor cutters are not as accurate as servo motors, but you should be able to get a very decent cut for that skull graphic you're trying to cut.

• Like 1

@haumana @slice&dice  @Dakotagrafx  @MZ SKEETER

Hello, thank you for the suggestions. I really appreciate you people for the help.  I was adjusting my blade depth and blade offset and testing my cuts. While on the next cut my carriage took a dump and is no longer resetting back to its up position. This issue is causing the blade to drag on the vinyl material. The blade holder is seated properly and so its my blade depth. 

I decided to just return the cutter and get a SC2 instead. I've had too many issues with my MH, and I cannot deal with it anymore. 

My question is...... is the SC2 that much better than the MH?

With the blade holder no longer going up, that sounds like you fried the z-chip. This is usually caused from not grounding the cutter to the stand, if you have one.  The static from the vinyl builds up, and then zaps the z-chip. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Carlos9780 said:

@haumana @slice&dice  @Dakotagrafx@MZ SKEETER  I

decided to just return the cutter and get a SC2 instead. I've had too many issues with my MH, and I cannot deal with it anymore.

My question is...... is the SC2 that much better than the MH?

It is.

• Like 3

That should work. You might want/need to scrape some of the paint off right around the screw hole so that the wire makes good contact with the metal of the cutter and stand.

• Like 3