Sign in to follow this  
haumana

I know it's probably something easy...

I've been staring at this font and just can't place it. I've tried to go through several font sites, and even trolled my extensive collection, but still can't place it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA

Palogo-1.JPG

No perfect match here....Clarendon, Centurion Old or Bodoni MT Condensed Bold is about as close as I can get.

They are outlined so that will make them look a bit different.

• Like 1

The key is the 'P' -- very unique. None of the suggestions provided by Sue will reproduce that P with the open-curl.

• Like 1

I noticed that and I believe the "P" is a different font.

I assumed she was looking for the other lettering....not just the "P".

• Like 1

Indeed the P is distinct and not equal in 'construction' to the other letters.  (see the bottom of the P with that indentation & rounded serif bottom, not a straight-across squared serif base like on the A)

• Like 1

Mahalo! Mahalo! I was thinking that the P might be a different font and/or been manually modified during the creation of the logo. Too bad this is an old logo and the company can no longer find the original files that were provided to them when it was created ... although, I'm wondering if that really would have been any cleaner ... it's so dated. Hahaha.

Recreate it as best you can with whichever font is the closest.

We are probably over-thinking this....our customers rarely notice the slight differences we agonize over!

LOL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sue2 said:

Recreate it as best you can with whichever font is the closest.

We are probably over-thinking this....our customers rarely notice the slight differences we agonize over!

LOL.

Exactly! Hahaha

The funny thing about FONTS, sometimes the clients agonize over their proprietary "look" and are completely aware of any minor changes on what they are used to seeing.

Check out the changes Google made! They went all-in, moving from serif to sans-serif, baddaBing BaddaBoom!

Anyway, I went in and took Plantin Bold in SignBlazer, converted with TextGrap tool to nodes, curved it out a bit by changing the nodes around, and then Skewed the whole thing with the Linear Distortion function (Manipulate Menu).
I probably could have introduced the slant of the letter as I typed it, prior to the TextGrap-into-nodes, now that I think of it.

p.EPS

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

The funny thing about FONTS, sometimes the clients agonize over their proprietary "look" and are completely aware of any minor changes on what they are used to seeing.

Check out the changes Google made! They went all-in, moving from serif to sans-serif, baddaBing BaddaBoom!

Anyway, I went in and took Plantin Bold in SignBlazer, converted with TextGrap tool to nodes, curved it out a bit by changing the nodes around, and then Skewed the whole thing with the Linear Distortion function (Manipulate Menu).
I probably could have introduced the slant of the letter as I typed it, prior to the TextGrap-into-nodes, now that I think of it.

p.EPS

Mahalo Slice!

Yah, that seems to be the hard decisions about businesses with text in their logo - proprietary or not-proprietary. I personally when with a non, because I just don't have to deal with over customizing my logo. Hahaha.