Sign in to follow this  
mikster

Graphtec FC7000 Pinch Roller leaving marks on material

Hi

So I have a Graphtec7000 54" plotter used to cut tint film.  I just notice that the roller is leaving grit marks onto my tint film as it rolls over the material.  I am aware of the pinch roller pressure lever that i can switch up for lower pressure and down for stronger pressure however switching it upwards still leave marks.  Is there any other way to adjust it to lower the pressure even more?

Most any vinyl cutter will leave grit marks on vinyl/tint.  But when you remove the backing and apply the viny/tint the marks are gone.  Are the marks staying after you apply the tint?   Many, many users cut tint with an FC cutter. 

• Like 1

Yes the marking is visible even after removing the backing.  I notice it on a few windows i did a few days ago.  Do they not have a tension screw design to fine tune the pressure on a graphtec?

11 minutes ago, mikster said:

Yes the marking is visible even after removing the backing.  I notice it on a few windows i did a few days ago.  Do they not have a tension screw design to fine tune the pressure on a graphtec?

not sure on the fc 7000 but no adjustment on a ce7000

Man that really works.  I think I can minimize the roller marks by running my 40" material with 2 pinch rollers on the edge ends of the material instead of running 3 rollers.  Do you think that will be a problem consider that 40" is quite wide?

I have a 30" and only 2 pinch rollers on it.  I don't have problems, just make sure the pinch rollers are equal distance from the edge. 

• Like 1

must be a fc - the ce only comes in 50"   so like skeeters but bigger  - 

9 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

must be a fc - the ce only comes in 50"   so like skeeters but bigger  - 

He did write FC7000 in the title.  :huh:

6 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

He did write FC7000 in the title.  :huh:

Oops, been preoccupied with the ce.  My bad