Junior

HELP WITH THIS PLZ

I have down loaded INKSCAPE and have tried so many times to vectorize a solid heart seen in picture . I guess i am doing some thing wrong after watching a youtube video 32 different times with no luck. Can some one please tell me what i am doing wrong and also plz vectorize this simple picture of a solid heart thanks so much 

HEART VECTOR.jpg

There are FREE heart vectors many places on the internet.  Google is your friend.  Search Heart vector FREE

• Like 1

MZ SKEETER i have searched for this and the picture is what i got

I have tried sending it to my MH721 US CUTTER it says it needs to be vectorized

I downloaded inkscape and have vectorized it many times along with watching youtube videos and i guess i am not doing some thing correct.

I have googled heart vector and the ones i found and saved to my computer and to import it to my vinyal master to send to the us cutter it says it needs to be vectorized .

Guess i am doing some thing still wrong

21 minutes ago, Junior said:

MZ SKEETER i have searched for this and the picture is what i got

I have tried sending it to my MH721 US CUTTER it says it needs to be vectorized

I downloaded inkscape and have vectorized it many times along with watching youtube videos and i guess i am not doing some thing correct.

I have googled heart vector and the ones i found and saved to my computer and to import it to my vinyal master to send to the us cutter it says it needs to be vectorized .

Guess i am doing some thing still wrong

Do you know what the file formats for vector images are?  They are       .eps  .ai, .cdr .svg and others.   .eps is the most commonly used for design/cutting software. 

Oh ok thank you so very much SLICE & Dice thanks you again for the EPS I will try it in Vinyl Cut Master to vectorise the one i have but i will use the EPS also thank you so very much

not all .eps files are vector.

To vectorize in inkscape:

1. drag and drop the clipart into the working area of inkscape
  2. select it (single click)
  3. path > trace bitmap (a window will pop up, just click ok, and a vector version will be created).
  4. click on one of the image, and move it off one another
  5. look at the bottom of the inkscape window and it will tell you which one is currently highlighted (image = bitmap (you can delete that one), path = vector image)
  6. now, use the save as, and select where you want to save it to, the format you wish to save it as (.eps, .svg, etc.), and you're done.

Haumana. I will try this Thanks so very much thank you to all. I am still a newbie still trying to learn every thing at once

Thank You all again I hope soon I can help others 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Junior said:

Haumana. I will try this Thanks so very much thank you to all. I am still a newbie still trying to learn every thing at once

Thank You all again I hope soon I can help others 

No problem. We were all newbies once :D

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 1:04 PM, Junior said:

I have down loaded INKSCAPE and have tried so many times to vectorize a solid heart seen in picture . I guess i am doing some thing wrong...

What exactly are you doing? If you tell us step by step you you did perhaps we can tell you what you did wrong.

• Like 1

Darcshadow I spoke with Greg with USCUTTER and i can only vectorise in JPEG with Vinyal master He has tried several times.

I can do most things in Inkscape but i can not get it to go past step 3 FROM Haumana AS I DO NOT SEE NOTHING AT THE BOTTOM of the inkscape window and it will tell you which one is currently highlighted (image = bitmap (you can delete that one), path = vector image)

1.drag and drop the clipart into the working area of inkscape

2. select it (single click) path > trace bitmap (a window will pop up, just click ok, and a vector version will be created).

3. click on one of the image, and move it off one another

4 look at the bottom of the inkscape window and it will tell you which one is currently highlighted (image = bitmap (you can delete that one), path = vector image)

5 now, use the save as, and select where you want to save it to, the format you wish to save it as (.eps, .svg, etc.), and you're done.

Hmm ... let break this down a little more.

• After getting the raster image into the inkscape work space, single click on the artwork to select it.
  • Path > Trace Bitmap > OK (the resizing arrows will usually move, so that it's on the traced vector instead of the raster image)
  • (you can close the Trace Bitmap pop up, or just move it to the side)
  • There should be the vectorized item sitting directly on top of the raster. Try to click on something and move it to the side. At the bottom it will tell you which is selected (image is raster, path is vector).

On 8/1/2020 at 2:34 PM, slice&dice said:

If you are using VinylMaster, it includes a VECTORIZING engine that will convert it.

I have no idea why Inkscape needs to be involved here.

If he didn't get the software from USC, then the VM Cut doesn't have the vectorizing feature. But yes, if there is the vector feature, Inkscape can be bypassed and the artwork can be vectored in VM itself.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Junior said:

i can only vectorise in JPEG with Vinyal master

What does this mean? JPEG is not a vector. Do you mean you can only import a JPEG file?

Another easy way to find the vector after creating it, click on a color at the bottom to change the color of the vector. If the color does not change you have the raster image selected.

• Like 2

Slice & Dice Greg with USCUTTER said to try viynal master to do the vectorizing.

Haumana I bought the MH 721 right from USCUTTER it came with all the bells and whistles

Darcshodow Yes i meant JPEG is the only one i can import or vectorize. Just like some one posted several hockey images i can not even see them unless it is in JPEG for some reason And i am needing several of the hockey images I have went to several free web sites and tried vectorizing them with no luck because they are not JPEG they are EPS

.eps won't vector, because they are already vector. They don't need to be vectorized.  (at least in most cases)   I told you above what the vector formats are.  You need to learn what the file format extensions are. You can look that up on the internet  You don't vector a vector file. It is ready to import and cut. 

Have you tried looking for VinylMaster training videos? There are tons of them, one specifically for USCutter Vinly Master Cut tracing.

• Like 2