Sign in to follow this  
melanson4ocean

Test Cuts are off

recently received a SC 801 and after resetting from pervious owner the blade depth and roller pleasure I cut a few items that seem to be off. (Lines not matching, Cuts not connecting ect) I have adjusted blade depth to ZXskeeter(sorry if thats not the right screen name) and it's doing much better but now when i run a test cut the diamond within the square is off. the upper left angle has a "jog'' in it down for some reason. I have tried different speeds and pressures and this is a test cut from the machine itself not from any program. Any help and sorry if I forgot to mention anything needed, please ask 

IMG_7210.jpeg

12 minutes ago, melanson4ocean said:

recently received a SC 801 and after resetting from pervious owner the blade depth and roller pleasure I cut a few items that seem to be off. (Lines not matching, Cuts not connecting ect) I have adjusted blade depth to ZXskeeter(sorry if thats not the right screen name) and it's doing much better but now when i run a test cut the diamond within the square is off. the upper left angle has a "jog'' in it down for some reason. I have tried different speeds and pressures and this is a test cut from the machine itself not from any program. Any help and sorry if I forgot to mention anything needed, please ask 

IMG_8902.HEIC

Why don't you post a vid in a format that people can see.? NO idea what that is. HEIC   Did you see this cutter working properly before you purchased it? 

I guess when I airdrop a photo thats the format it does sorry I didn't notice it, YES the cutter is working properly just something outside my knowledge base thats off. I've used a ana for years and now have this downgrade for sure but I dont have a sign company so this should be okay for what i need 

Is the carriage head wheels firmly down in the track?  Does the carriage head move correctly when jogging or pushing left to right?  Is the blade holder down correctly in the carriage arm?   Does the cutting strip have scratches and gouges in it? 

You may need a new cutting strip. If the cuts are good away from those lines. Sure sounds like it.   You were using a Mac, and I thought Sure Cuts A Lot.   I don't know anything about either one.