Guest CarleeS

Vinyl Master for MAC?

Guest CarleeS

Hi there, 

I apologize if this has already been answered. I was given a MH 971-MK2 with the product code and am unable to download the appropriate vinyl master program because it is incompatible with my Macbook Pro.... Is there any other programs that are recommended to look at for use with a Macbook Pro or is this a lost cause. Thanks in advance. 

SignCut is great for macs. Not free but great. It’s what I use. The original version Pro 1 does no design. Only a cutting interface so I design in AI some people use Inkscape. I think the new version Pro 2 has some design but not sure to what extent. 

Also be aware, the MH is advertised as not MAC compatible. I believe there are some users that have gotten it to work, and in theory, if you use the serial port it shouldn't matter what  your os is so long as you have a program that can send the proper commands.

Inkscape can be used to cut, although it's not ideal. I used it for quite a while without much issue. I still use it for design and usually cut with VM.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.