Hi hope i've put this in the right section ?

Yes I know its old ( bought new 20 years ago ) but I have an Omega Newstar ( DGI ) OM-60. Its been a great machine for the work i've done mainly smallish car logos and window stickers etc.

I had it in storage as the old pc no longer worked for about 2 years.     I finaly got a serial port pci card for my windows 10 desktop and am running signblazer 6. Once all settings etc were sorted i started cutting a fiew small jobs all went well.     As the machine was a bit dusty i decided to clean the outside with a damp microfibre cloth.

Thats when things went wrong.   A couple of days later i went to cut a sign and had some bad noises but not until i sent the info from signblazer blazer to the plotter

1. first fiew attempts 

vinyl loaded done it normal thing then pressed cut on signblazer   the machine started to move but making a bad noise

it started cutting the outside tile and got 3/4 of the way then just stopped.

the LCD screen said "PLOTTER ERROR CARRAGE AXIS"

2. step 2 took all covers of machine and checked all cords etc ( all looked good ) cleaned the top tracks and lightly blew all the dust out.

put it back together and now it does this.

I have added 2 clips on youtube that you can checkout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7R0b6IniA                 ( loading media etc all fine )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SuhGpv5gQ0           after sending data to machine.

any help would be much appreciated

IMG_7697.jpg

Sounds like the belt on the cutting head has come loose or the head is stuck on something. Can you manually move it easily? Can you control the cutting head from the machine? If so, can you move it that way?

• Like 1