Nope, no free  Mac cutting software.  Only if you can run Windows on a Mac.  Then you could try the FREE Signblazer.   Only Mac cutting software, I know  is Signcut or Sure Cuts A Lot.   Both softwares do have trial versions. 

Driver is in the cutting software, when you choose your cutter for set up.   On Value cutters, like the SC it is best to use a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter with the null modem cable that came with the cutter.  The Tripp-lite has it's own driver.   The SC cutters are prone to problems with memory and static.  The Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter, makes for a much better connection, more like a True USB connection.  Those cutters have a cheap Chinese chip set in them.   But if your trying to use USB with a Windows, then search online for a FTDI driver for your Windows version.   Don't go buy some cheap adapter, as they will not work with a vinyl cutter. It would be like putting a 2nd cheap Chinese chip set in. 

OKAY I HAVE THE PLOTTER AND SCAL WORKING BUT THE PLOTTER IS CUTTING TWO HORIZONTAL LINES THROUGH THE IMAGE ANY IDEA WHY. I'M ALSO SEARCHING THE FOURM NOW JUST SEEMS LIKE YOUR FAIRLY VERSED IN THESE PLOTTERS

The 2 lines means it is in trial or demo mode.  If you purchased the software, you have to activate it.  No I don't have that cutter. I have a Graphtec, but I have been on the forum as a member since 2008.  I read  a lot and absorb. Same questions come around hundreds of times.   Vinyl cutters have the same basics. 

• Like 1