Sarjento956

Can i have my setup on carpet?

I need to change my work area to a carpet room but i have read somewhere about static issues and that they might mess up the motherboard of the cuttters...is this true...any tips you all may have would be very much appreciated

28 inch Titan 2 on the metal rack

My setup has always been on carpet, just find a way to ground your machine, and to remove as much static from your vinyl as possible.

I think I read a post that some puts Bounce dryer sheets in the cores of their rolls of vinyl. I can't say that I've tried that myself.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, haumana said:

My setup has always been on carpet, just find a way to ground your machine, and to remove as much static from your vinyl as possible.

I think I read a post that some puts Bounce dryer sheets in the cores of their rolls of vinyl. I can't say that I've tried that myself.

Thank you for the fast respond...i should be fine then since u have had it on a carpet room.. i shall continue with changing rooms.

I don't think you will have a problem with the titan or higher - machines like the mh have a problem because the feet it sits on that make contact with the stand isolate the stand and vinyl - so static builds in the vinyl and discharges thru the carriage  - the higher end machines have metal to metal contact on the machine to stand and metal rollers 

• Like 2

My cutters feets are all set upon easy sliders since I don't have much wiggle room - I have to push them again a wall when not is use, and pull them out a little bit when they are.

• Like 1