DC5Javi

Graphtec 8600 Vinyl slipping

Hi, I wanted to reach out and see if you guys know what is happening with my graphtec plotter. It seems to be slipping on the left side of my push roller, like if it is not gripping enough. There is nothing wrong with the pressure on them and as well with the grip rollers. In the picture I have its suppose to be cutting within the black but it slides off and cuts wrong. Do you have any clues to why that is. As of right now I only have 3 push rollers on the machine and doing perf cuts. Thanks! 

20200630_075817.jpg

So how fast are you running the machine?   If fast, take it slower.  Also there are different settings on the pinch rollers.  Low. Medium and strong.  2 outside should be the same.  

I have never had my cutter over speed 6.  I cut for accuracy.  Not how fast I can get it done.  Not to mention all the wear and tear on your machine. My cutter was new in 2008.  Never a problem.   Nothing more I can add.  Good luck with your problem.   Dakota runs around 10ish.

Do you think the material I am using might be a little heavy to cut and require more push rollers? I use avery 2923.

2 rollers should actually be enough. I'd go with Skeeters suggestion of slowing it down and see how that works.

Are you sure it's not a design issue? I would think if the vinyl was slipping it would cause probably across the entire cut, not just on the left side.

Well in general the whole plot was all off and cut wrong. Usually if its just 1 or 2 I would thing it would be the design but it happened to all of them like that but looks worse towards the left side. I actually lowered the speed down to 20 right now and seems to be working fine and having no issues, but we will see when I get through the end with this roll.

slow it way down -  you are going for accuracy and not winning a race.   also make sure you have a sharp blade and with minimum exposure - more drag will cause your cuts to get out of alignment - now I only used roland print and cut but still had to pull the vinyl to laminate and reload so should be similar situation

Alright I will try that out. I don't know if its a big difference but the blades I use are a generic version of the oem's so I am not sure they are wearing out to quick or I have it to much out. I'll check those out as well.  Thanks!

for at least 8 years I have only used cleancut brand blades - stays sharp much longer because they are made from a fine grained carbide - - you want to start with too little blade in the beginning because the the flip side is , being harder they are more brittle so if you drop one or cut thru the material too far you can break a tip in the corners - at about $17 per blade you will learn that part quick but I run them almost 10 months and then switch that old blade to my "reflectives and metallics" holder for more use as you don't cut as fine of detail with those materials