Sign in to follow this  
Joco

Newb

Hi community I'm new to the vinyl wrapping industry. I've been waiting to get a shop and now I finally have a shop and I want to start wrapping cars. I have my 1986 Dodge Shelby Daytona that I'm going to use for my learning and test vehicle and I'm looking for any and all suggestions for a person starting out in the vinyl wrap industry. My first order of business is learning what types of vinyl to use especially for beginners. I also what info on which kind of blades and razors that are readily used and recommended in the industry. I would also like to build up my supplier lynx for heat guns infrared guns vinyl wrapping tape which I've seen used online before that cuts vinyl for you any help would be much appreciated I'm looking forward to being a part of the community and contributing to the community anyway I can looking forward to talking to you guys.

I would start by taking some certified 3m classes to learn the basics - so much to learn that you are not going to get on youtube and trial and error - around there there are a lot of the error types when you see wraps lifting from indentations etc.   that is a whole critter all in itself