Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

unboxing ce7000-60 next to a ce6000-60 comparison

moving slow today so not sure how far I will get as I wanted to have both plotters upstairs for the side by side - before I take the ce7000 down to the work area.

first impression physically the ce7000 is 2" taller and 4" wider.  the roll holding tubes have gone from 1/2" stainless steel tubes to 5/8 stainless tubes.   the stands are almost identical size but the 7000 has extra holes in the feet that I am assuming are for the take up reels when used on the bigger machines or specialty machines.  the brackets that hold the plotter on the stand have a few extra holes I will have to explore later.   Gone is the wide serial cable port and newly added is the lan connection along with a place to plug a thumb drive directly into the ce7000

the tray slot that I used to hold a specialty 4 place blade holder is gone and graphtec has added a small tool area of it's own.  I will have to explore that more as the ones the member here 3d printed ensured the tips never hit the bottom of the tray - the new ce7000 does appear to have little circles that might provide the same protection but I will be convinced after I can use it a few times and don't break any tims as I change blade holders very regularly depending on the vinyl I am cutting

we are in the midst of a week without a bed as we prepped our bedroom for carpet and new bed so kinda out of it and moving slow - new bed coming thursday is as exciting as a vacation after the past week :)  

will add more updates later.

P7210078.JPG

P7210079.JPG

P7210081.JPG

P7210084.JPG

P7210085.JPG

• Like 3