Sign in to follow this  
Magic Puncher

Auto Speed Weed Boxing Every Character

Been using Vinylmaster Cut for a long time, and the Auto Speed-Weed feature has always put a box around an entire line of text. Now all of a sudden, it's putting a box around every single character, and I can't figure out why. It's such a pain to weed I'm almost better to have no speed-weed cuts at all. I've tried checking and un-checking all the boxes in the cut settings to no avail. I've attached a screenshot for reference

2020-07-20_16h33_29.png

Did you try welding the text (even though they don't touch) or making sure they are grouped? Maybe the program is looking at each letter as an individual object? Weird that it just started happening. 

Ah. I figured it out. It's because I had rotated the text. It was wider than my 24" roll, so I manually turned it sideways. I found if I make them horizontal and then checked the Rotate box at print time it has the same result but with the proper auto weed lines.

Have you thought about turning off the auto/easy weed, and drawing in your own weed relief lines? That's how I do my text. It's a lot faster since there aren't as many weed lines, and I can put the break in text where it's comfortable for me, rather than around each letter, or small words. I've gotten pretty good with knowing where I need to cut relief lines so it's easier for me to weed.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this