Sign in to follow this  
3barefoot

4wheeler Wrap

I am thinking about wrapping my own 4wheeler.  I went to my  local vinyl dealer and all they would do was try to talk me out of doing it. I have maybe 3 parts of the atv that will be wrapped. It has a dump bed on the back, so only the front and side panels by the motor will be done. 

I know my local dealer means well, but if I'm willing to do it why not just sell me what I'm asking? It is MY atv, so I'm not on a time line, nor do I having to worry about making someone mad if they don't like my work. 

I know I need air release, I also have a snap on heat gun, and rapid tac to help keeping it from sticking right away. Any other tips???

do a test first on one panel - many atv's use low energy plastic and the vinyl will be on the floor the next morning - for printing we used convex for them but if normal vinyl will stick use a good cast vinyl so it will  contour to the curves.   

https://powersportswraps.com/product/muddy-girl-camouflage/

This is what I'm looking. I just don't need 4'x10' of it. 

6 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

do a test first on one panel - many atv's use low energy plastic and the vinyl will be on the floor the next morning - for printing we used convex for them but if normal vinyl will stick use a good cast vinyl so it will  contour to the curves.   

What you have said makes sense. Which is why I really don't want to buy a kit online and it not stick.

41 minutes ago, 3barefoot said:

https://powersportswraps.com/product/muddy-girl-camouflage/

This is what I'm looking. I just don't need 4'x10' of it. 

What you have said makes sense. Which is why I really don't want to buy a kit online and it not stick.

a whole lot of people get into selling for that market and get surprised at that problem and cost of materials like convex - maybe 3m makes a similar high tack material but the first one I did for a neighbor went on great and 3 out of 4 were on the floor the next morning.   go stick some regular vinyl on somewhere and test it first .  then give it a couple of days and remove it.   the areas like doors and fenders they like to use the low energy plastics for 2 reasons - cheaper to manufacture and also more forgiving when you hit something

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

a whole lot of people get into selling for that market and get surprised at that problem and cost of materials like convex - maybe 3m makes a similar high tack material but the first one I did for a neighbor went on great and 3 out of 4 were on the floor the next morning.   go stick some regular vinyl on somewhere and test it first .  then give it a couple of days and remove it.   the areas like doors and fenders they like to use the low energy plastics for 2 reasons - cheaper to manufacture and also more forgiving when you hit something

Should I try both just regular vinyl and 3M? I have some 3M that close to the print I want already.  I just think the 3M would be more forgiving than regular vinyl.

And yes as for replacement parts..... I had to buy both side panels. The person I bought this 4 wheeler from didn't have them on.

for testing it doesn't matter - but when you do it a cast with air release will make it easier - if it will stay stuck on

• Like 1