ECombs

Graphtec CE7000 Push Rollers

This is pretty disappointing. I was just about to pull the trigger on a ce7000 but happened to stumble across this thread which has me second guessing. Other than this thread, I haven't seen much else about it though. Have you guys seen people complaining about this issue/design flaw in other places? Any comments from Graphtec about it? I'm not really a part of other cutting "communities" so I'm curious if this is really widespread or a bad batch. 

Personally I would just go with the NEW CE6000-60. (They are still out there) No problems with that machine and still on the old design for grit rollers. Unless you can afford to jump up to the FC9000.

• Like 1

I'm thinking the 6000 is the way to go as well. That's a shame, the Ethernet connectivity and cut through channel seemed like nice features but not enough to make up for not tracking properly. Can the 6000 do perforation cuts like the 7000 with the cut through channel? Does it handle it differently or just not do it? 

Even if it didn't have a channel, perf cut could be done on a carrier mat, so as not to hurt the cutting strip. It is listed in the user manual,  Someone that owns one like  haumana   might be able to answer that.  She has the CE6000-60.   But keep your eyes open on some deals out there on the used FC 8000 or FC8600.  Sometimes you can pick one up for cheaper than a new CE 6000.  Ebay, Facebook Craigs list.   etc.  The FC cutters from FC8000 on can perf cut , no problem. They have the channel, as well as 2nd position in blade holder. 

Unfortunately, the CE6000 only has one position for the blade, so any perf cuts would need to be done with a carrier sheet.

I lived the ce7000 excitement as stated above, I hope they fix the design and not just send the adapted back guide plate like they did for mine.   I am a hard core graphtec user having owned many.  

On 2/19/2021 at 10:23 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

I lived the ce7000 excitement as stated above, I hope they fix the design and not just send the adapted back guide plate like they did for mine.   I am a hard core graphtec user having owned many.  

I don't see the issue mentioned much or at all on other groups so not likely they will do anything about it. Admittedly, I am not in many groups so it may just not be in the groups that I am a part of. Have you seen the complaint gaining any steam or discussed in other forums /pages? 

There is other forums?  :lol:  There are videos on youtube of the problem  under   Graphtec CE7000-60 tracking problems  Joseph Molina   Several people stating the same problem in comments below the videos. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CharlesV said:

I don't see the issue mentioned much or at all on other groups so not likely they will do anything about it. Admittedly, I am not in many groups so it may just not be in the groups that I am a part of. Have you seen the complaint gaining any steam or discussed in other forums /pages? 

Buy one and give us a revue . . , 

On 2/22/2021 at 5:29 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

There is other forums?  :lol:  There are videos on youtube of the problem  under   Graphtec CE7000-60 tracking problems  Joseph Molina   Several people stating the same problem in comments below the videos. 

Just saw those videos. Thanks for the info. Looks like he may have found a workaround with spacers in the spring of one of the pinch rollers. 

I have bought 8 year old graphtec that cut perfect,  let us know how it works for you with the workaround on the new plotter 

3 years ago I bought  Graphtec FC8000-75 for $1000 free ship on Ebay.  Took me about 10 minutes to fix it.  They had the cross cut blade locked down. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

3 years ago I bought  Graphtec FC8000-75 for $1000 free ship on Ebay.  Took me about 10 minutes to fix it.  They had the cross cut blade locked down. 

Wow! What a find! 

last year a forum member contacted me, he was looking at an FC8000 that was up on Fbook marketplace.  He had to drive a couple hours to look at it. An older man had it.  It turned out to be a brand new machine, still in the box.  He got it dirt cheap. So keep yours eyes open and do some searching, and have the money ready. There are still good deals out there.  

Where are you searching from CharlesV?   Are you close to Iowa?  This is a great deal.  Many people don't have room for the bigger cutters, or think that they don't need one that big.  I have always had 30" cutters.  I create designs to cut that big.     https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/897859077639622/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

Indiana, dirt cheap Graphtec FC7000   https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/695599764449672/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

• Like 2

Wow, those are great deals. I'm in Maryland. I've checked Marketplace, and Craigslist. Haven't seen deals like that though. 

49 minutes ago, CharlesV said:

Wow, those are great deals. I'm in Maryland. I've checked Marketplace, and Craigslist. Haven't seen deals like that though. 

If your interested in other cutters, this Ioline is quite expensive,  plus a Stahls heat press at Stevensville, Maryland   $1200 for both.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/481467259677001/?ref=product_details&referral_code=undefined

• Like 1

Purchased a ce7000. deeply regret it. Issues with bunching from the start. Tech told us to adjust tension on pinch rollers. Had to send pics to prove it doesn't have adjustment. Returned it to graphtec. They adjusted the loose carrier and sent it back. Still having issues. They seem to blame everything but the machine.  For the record i have a sign warehouse q60 next to it that runs circles around it.

3 hours ago, gpzjack said:

Purchased a ce7000. deeply regret it. Issues with bunching from the start. Tech told us to adjust tension on pinch rollers. Had to send pics to prove it doesn't have adjustment. Returned it to graphtec. They adjusted the loose carrier and sent it back. Still having issues. They seem to blame everything but the machine.  For the record i have a sign warehouse q60 next to it that runs circles around it.

read the thread - you are not alone - I returned mine and bought a fc9000 because I was used to having all my other graphtecs feed with absolutely no problem - the ce7000 has issues since moving productions to another country IMHO.  I also believe that is why the older ce5000 and ce6000 prices have been at an all time high for used plotters -  

9 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

read the thread - you are not alone - I returned mine and bought a fc9000 because I was used to having all my other graphtecs feed with absolutely no problem - the ce7000 has issues since moving productions to another country IMHO.  I also believe that is why the older ce5000 and ce6000 prices have been at an all time high for used plotters -  

graphtec has blamed our material. (3m), going too fast, rollers too close to edge etc.  Us cutter and graphtec techs immediately told us to adjust pinch rollers. They have no adjustment despite others on this thread claiming they do.  We sent it back and it did have a loose carrier.  I knew it but i refused to fix a brand new machine.  We are now stuck wondering what to do .  We really need a second machine for production.   

Maybe do what others are doing, send it back and buy a CE6000.   They didn't have this problem.  I think you can still find new ones out there. Or in some cases. If you look and have the money. you can find good used  FC units cheaper than getting a new CE6000.  

We've had it for a while now. It was slow back and forth. Us cutter won't let us return it and graphtec just gives us the runaround. 

Just now, gpzjack said:

We've had it for a while now. It was slow back and forth. Us cutter won't let us return it and graphtec just gives us the runaround. 

Did you order that plastic piece, that Dakota got from Graphtec? 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Did you order that plastic piece, that Dakota got from Graphtec? 

yes. Little to no difference. I seem to think part of the issue is that the material sits so high on the rollers in the back. My older machine the material sits much lower. At this point i'm done with this machine.   I have a older signwarehouse q60. basically a rebadged graphtec. It works great.

• Like 1

bought another machine. Us cutter service has been helpful.  Graphtec is off my list from now on. They just don't care.