ECombs

Graphtec CE7000 Push Rollers

Are there any updates on this?  I just upgraded from a MH871 to a graphtec ce7000 and so far... I'm not loving it.  I finally figured out aligning the rollers in the blue marks, etc etc etc.  However, now I am having some pretty intense issues with keeping the vinyl aligned.  The vinyl seems to be bunching on the left side after about 15" of a 36" cut.  

My rollers are set to the edge of the vinyl, however, the entire roller starts on the media and quickly starts to walk.  It seems to walk worse than my MH did.... 

16 minutes ago, autotech said:

Are there any updates on this?  I just upgraded from a MH871 to a graphtec ce7000 and so far... I'm not loving it.  I finally figured out aligning the rollers in the blue marks, etc etc etc.  However, now I am having some pretty intense issues with keeping the vinyl aligned.  The vinyl seems to be bunching on the left side after about 15" of a 36" cut.  

My rollers are set to the edge of the vinyl, however, the entire roller starts on the media and quickly starts to walk.  It seems to walk worse than my MH did.... 

Dakota sent his cutter back and got an FC9000, So, no help.  Best to contact Graphtec tech support. 

11 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Dakota sent his cutter back and got an FC9000, So, no help.  Best to contact Graphtec tech support. 

Ugh, ain't nobody got time for that.  FRUSTRATING.  You mentioned something about the pinch roller force.... how do you adjust that??

2 hours ago, autotech said:

Ugh, ain't nobody got time for that.  FRUSTRATING.  You mentioned something about the pinch roller force.... how do you adjust that??

For that problem, graphtec sent me a redesigned back plastic feed path that helped some but wasn’t up to the standards I have come to expect from all of my graphtec.  That is why I sent it back.  I believe it could be a flaw in the new unit as I documented above.  The ce6000 series was still rock solid but with the ce7000 now being produced in Taiwan I personally believe 5hey have some issues to work out.   I am a die hard graphtec fan except that one model.   No pinch roller pressure or other adjustment will fix this and with the redesigned parts lifting the back of the vinyl 1/4”  prior to the feed rollers it helped a lot but still not as good as it should be 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

For that problem, graphtec sent me a redesigned back plastic feed path that helped some but wasn’t up to the standards I have come to expect from all of my graphtec.  That is why I sent it back.  I believe it could be a flaw in the new unit as I documented above.  The ce6000 series was still rock solid but with the ce7000 now being produced in Taiwan I personally believe 5hey have some issues to work out.   I am a die hard graphtec fan except that one model.   No pinch roller pressure or other adjustment will fix this and with the redesigned parts lifting the back of the vinyl 1/4”  prior to the feed rollers it helped a lot but still not as good as it should be 

So basically, in your opinion I should either go to the ce6000 or change models entirely?  This couldn't be happening at a worse time.  My MH shit the bed which is why I ended up upgrading to begin with and I have a million orders to fulfill.  I reached out to Graphtec, hopefully they get back to me soon.

1 minute ago, autotech said:

So basically, in your opinion I should either go to the ce6000 or change models entirely?  This couldn't be happening at a worse time.  My MH shit the bed which is why I ended up upgrading to begin with and I have a million orders to fulfill.  I reached out to Graphtec, hopefully they get back to me soon.

Graphtec will get back to you and send you the replacement part, they will also pay shipping back for the old part.  It does take a couple of days with COVID delays.  Personally if you can still get a ce6000 it is rock solid.    Graphtec is still the best plotter IMHO except that one model.   About the only brand I haven’t tried is summa and graphtec has topped them all. 

3 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Graphtec will get back to you and send you the replacement part, they will also pay shipping back for the old part.  It does take a couple of days with COVID delays.  Personally if you can still get a ce6000 it is rock solid.    Graphtec is still the best plotter IMHO except that one model.   About the only brand I haven’t tried is summa and graphtec has topped them all. 

Dumb question for ya... Do you happen to know if the stand from 7000 fits the 6000?  The stand box got destroyed (for shipping back). 

3 minutes ago, autotech said:

Dumb question for ya... Do you happen to know if the stand from 7000 fits the 6000?  The stand box got destroyed (for shipping back). 

No they are different 

Once you get thru to a person at graphtec you will have the parts within a couple of days . . . Just took them a coupleof days to contact me since they have been understaffed due to COVID.  

Uggggg....

I came here to explain the issue I'm experiencing with my new CE7000-60 and this is EXACTLY what is happening to my machine (material seams to be pushing towards the middle on the left side causing the material to buckle at the pinch roller after about 24" of material).  I've spent 3 hours trying to figure out what was wrong before I came here to the forums.  Time to call graphtec.

• Like 1

I am absolutely disgusted with this CE7000-60 machine. My 1st Graphtec went without a hitch for 15 years.  All I ever replaced was a few cutting strips and a few rubber rollers. So naturally I would expect the same from this CE7000-60.  I emailed Graphtec and yes they are sending me out a the part that was mentioned earlier in this thread so it's a waiting game now to see if it resolves the issue.  Graphtec acknowledges a problem, but claim they have no evidence supporting that the cause of the problem is in fact the grit roller.  My confidence in Graphtec is hopeful at best.

What other 24" cutting machines in the market do you guys suggest?

2 hours ago, Kembs said:

I am absolutely disgusted with this CE7000-60 machine. My 1st Graphtec went without a hitch for 15 years.  All I ever replaced was a few cutting strips and a few rubber rollers. So naturally I would expect the same from this CE7000-60.  I emailed Graphtec and yes they are sending me out a the part that was mentioned earlier in this thread so it's a waiting game now to see if it resolves the issue.  Graphtec acknowledges a problem, but claim they have no evidence supporting that the cause of the problem is in fact the grit roller.  My confidence in Graphtec is hopeful at best.

What other 24" cutting machines in the market do you guys suggest?

The ce6000-60 is now selling at a premium for used ones because of this.  I returned the ce7000 and upgraded to the fc9000-75 and figure it might be the last plotter I ever need after having so many in the past.    

I just don't think I need a $5K plotter (FC9000) to do the work I need to do. 99% of my jobs are only 20" tall and on my CE3000 I could send 3-4 of them at once and never have an issue.  With this new CE7000, I have to cut & reset the material after every job.  Work days that used to only take me 2-3 hours of cutting are now taking 5-6 hours.   I wish I could just find a push roller for my CE3000 and repair it.

There are several  New Graphtec CE6000-60 on Ebay for sale Under $2K.     What do you mean by needing a push roller? The rubber roller or the whole Pinch roller assembly?

7 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

There are several  New Graphtec CE6000-60 on Ebay for sale Under $2K.     What do you mean by needing a push roller? The rubber roller or the whole Pinch roller assembly?

I need the whole assembly unfortunately.  over the past 15 years of sliding the left pinch roller from 24" to 12" material and back again wore out the plastic.  Just before x-mas a piece of plastic fell out and now when the pinch rollers are engaged, I can wiggle the left pinch roller assembly big time.  Theres no pressure on the left side anymore. After the pinch rollers are engaged, I can move the material very freely on the left side.

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Here is a CE3000-60 that needs a belt.  But pick up only. Florida.  Never know you might talk him into shipping. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphtec-24-CE3000-60-Cutter-Plotter-w-Stand-WORKS-NEEDS-NEW-BELT-89-00/143863642472?hash=item217ef0f968:g:2LwAAOSwVi9fv~-2

I spoke to that guy before I bought the CE7000. it's $200 to ship to Colorado.  I decided buying a new machine for $1800 was better than paying $500+ for a 15yr old used machine just for parts with no guarantee it would fix my machine.

17 minutes ago, Kembs said:

I spoke to that guy before I bought the CE7000. it's $200 to ship to Colorado.  I decided buying a new machine for $1800 was better than paying $500+ for a 15yr old used machine just for parts with no guarantee it would fix my machine.

Great Idea,  

I'm so glad I finally found this thread. Like Dakotagraphx, I've used the Ce6000 for many years and with very heavy use. I lost the circuit board on both, and after the second one decided to upgrade to the 7000. I have only had headaches, and glueing a piece of plastic on just does not seem like a well engineered solution. I notice the change in the grit roller construction as well, which really seams like the main culprit. Even with the new nylon strip, which helps a little, I have wasted so much time and material on this thing. At least now I have the confidence in my decision to force a refund. Dakota, were you happy with the fc9000-75 purchase? Is the build quality worth the extra money? If I can find the means should I go for it?

Thanks again everyone.

• Like 1

I had been trying to get Dakota to move up to a higher FC for awhile.  Here was his reply after buying the FC9000-75.  I have owned the FC7000-75 bought new in 2008.  I have never had a problem and I cut almost everyday. 

55 minutes ago, edubois said:

I'm so glad I finally found this thread. Like Dakotagraphx, I've used the Ce6000 for many years and with very heavy use. I lost the circuit board on both, and after the second one decided to upgrade to the 7000. I have only had headaches, and glueing a piece of plastic on just does not seem like a well engineered solution. I notice the change in the grit roller construction as well, which really seams like the main culprit. Even with the new nylon strip, which helps a little, I have wasted so much time and material on this thing. At least now I have the confidence in my decision to force a refund. Dakota, were you happy with the fc9000-75 purchase? Is the build quality worth the extra money? If I can find the means should I go for it?

Thanks again everyone.

if you can swing it I really recommend the fc - after having several ce machines I was skeptical too that it could be that much better but it really is - it is a beast - took 3 people to move the plotter and box to the basement and it is taller but built like a tank.   extremely happy that I pushed myself for the upgrade and can see me keeping this one longer than my normal self imposed every 3 year upgrade 

Great to hear. Did you get any help from graphtec? I have lost so much time and money on materials forcing the 7000 to get through what I needed it to do for my deadline. I am really hoping they offer at least a full refund but i would hope also a discount on the FC. A little would go a long way right now with just a concrete acknowledgment of the problem.

While I have your attention, have either of you rigged a take-up roll for continuous operation? I see Graphtec offers it on the larger machines but I don't think I'm ready to scale of the size of the machine yet. Is it possible to rig something more DIY?

no offers - but very glad I went that way = I hade 3 roland sp300- sp-300v and sp-300i and even with that never used a take up reel - on that I did a poor mans version using 2 clips to roll as I went - I didn't need to spend the money when I was monitoring the job anyways and like skeeter said with the fc I don't do anything that long to need one on the fc.