ECombs

Graphtec CE7000 Push Rollers

I just bought the CE7000 Graphtec Plotter and I’ve been cutting with it and my media moves while cutting because it only has 2 push rollers. I cut a lot on the CE6000 Graphtec plotter and that one had 3 push rollers. Was wondering if you can add another one to this newer model? Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Do you have the pinch roller force all the  way down on Strong?  It does have 3 settings.  What type of media? 

Best to contact Graphtec support for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

should have my hands on a ce7000 soon so I can answer such questions - it had been 3.5 years since my last upgrade which I think is a new record for me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

should have my hands on a ce7000 soon so I can answer such questions - it had been 3.5 years since my last upgrade which I think is a new record for me

I thought you would jump up to another FC next:D

I kinda thought so too but if we start snowbirding it will only be a few months a year I still sell

• Like 1

@MZ SKEETER I will have to check that setting! That could be my problem. Today I was cutting black Oracal 651 a 24” roll and I felt like I needed another roller in the middle. The ce6000 I used to use had 3 rollers. 

@Dakotagrafx thanks! Like I said I’m used to using the Graphtec ce6000 and that had 3 rollers, so I thought it was interesting that this new model only has 2. 

20 minutes ago, ECombs said:

@Dakotagrafx thanks! Like I said I’m used to using the Graphtec ce6000 and that had 3 rollers, so I thought it was interesting that this new model only has 2. 

My ce6000 only has 2

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ECombs said:

mine too.

@Dakotagrafx interesting! Yeah the ce6000 I used for 3 years had 3 rollers and I liked it that way. But I’m going to play with the roller force tomorrow and see if that helps.

1 hour ago, ECombs said:

@Dakotagrafx interesting! Yeah the ce6000 I used for 3 years had 3 rollers and I liked it that way. But I’m going to play with the roller force tomorrow and see if that helps.

Was the cutter wider than 24"?  2 Pinch rollers are standard on a 24"  Also standard on the FC 30"  

CE5000-60 cutters only had 2 pinch rollers as standard.  Are you in the US?  Or was the pinch roller added?  

• Like 1

I'm feeling a little jipped now, I only got 2 rollers. Hahaha

• Haha 1

doing test cuts on the ce7000 and first thing is trying to figure out where it is getting its setting from - as I slow it down the first 3 times it speeds back up as soon as it cuts - my cutting computer used a old flexi so it could be that and still using the ce5000 drivers.
on the material I also see what the op is saying I think.  the material seems to be pulling inside causing a bunch - almost like the pinch rollers have a slop to them and instead of pulling out = they are pulling in.   will be working on this more as we get caught up on other things and get back from a short trip next week - I will figure it out.

I am wondering if this is what the original poster had encountered.  I have a lot of seat time on the graphtecs and this is a new one on me - will probably have to wait till first week of august before I can call graphtec support but it is not the amount of rollers causing this, there is something else going on.   

I did notice the new graphtecs are produced in thailand :/

I guess I put my rollers in further than you do.   I keep mine 1.5 inches in from the vinyl edge. But it looks like the vinyl is not laying down.  Is the fan on normal?  Almost like it is not pulling straight. and pinching up the vinyl.  Like it would if you didn't have the pinch roller over the bottom grit roller.   I sure wouldn't like that.   Even at 30" wide for my cutter. I never felt like I needed a 3rd  pinch roller. 

• Like 1

I agree skeeter, same way I I have done with all my graphtec as I leave the sensors on.   It is over the knurled part, fan appears normal, I even tested different settings and swapped a roller from the 6000 to check on bad roller, it is pulling the vinyl inward.   

I never noticed the graphtec knurl part is a welded on piece and not a knurl in the roller itself - it looks different on the new plotter

here is close up of the right and left rollers on each machine

6000 left roller.JPG

6000 right roller.jpg

7000 left roller.JPG

7000 right roller.JPG

my guess is that tighter spiral on the 6000 crates a slight pull to the outside when feeding, keeping the vinyl tight.  Not so much on this new plotter - I sent pictures and video to USC and will contact graphtec when I get back in 10 days - I was shocked this was not a knurl built into the roller like most other plotters I have seen.  obviously it has worked well on the older ones.  also don't find anything on the 6000 as to where it is made, just made by graphtec japan - so wonder if production moved to Thailand.

Did you ever watch the old movie Disclosure with Michael Douglas and Demi Moore?   

update - I am not going to do extensive testing until my fever goes down (3rd day and lower gi issues) but graphtec sent new "guides" with a 1/4" raised nylon strip that at first try seems to feed better 

new strip.jpg