Sign in to follow this  
James Morse

Prismcut ignores Vinylmaster origin settings?

I have Prismcut28.  When I send a cut to it from Vinylmaster it seems to ignore the origin settings.  In Vinylmaster Preview it shows that the item to be cut is moved over on the material (what I want it to do), but when Prismcut gets it, it completely ignores the origin setting and always uses 0,0.  Am I missing something?  Has anyone else experienced this?  Thanks!!!

There is a checkbox called "Absolute Position" (otherwise known as WYSIWYG). Rarely will that be the choice for average cutting, but seems you are in need of it for this project.

• Like 3

Thanks slice&dice, I tried it and that works on the P28.  Of course as you know what one is doing there is changing the item's position on the document sheet, so, if you save it with it moved, it will always be there - well - unless you un-check "abs pos".  I guess the only thing hard about that is moving all the things so they still line up, I'm sure there's a way to gather them together in one move and I just haven't used the software enough to know how to to that.  As to the origin not being recognized by the Prismcut, they (US Cutter) asked me to call their techs about that.  Maybe they have updated firmware or something.  No regrets at all about the choice of cutters, the P28 is amazing.  There are a few things that would make it better hardware-wise but most have been mentioned in other posts.  Thanks again for your help.