Guest BKE

Need help subtracting an image?

Guest BKE

I have an image (a pair of wings with lots of detail and small parts) and all I want to do is subtract a small white rectangle in the middle so I can have clear space to put some lettering. Why is it that I cannot find a simple subtract tool? Am I blind or is there literally no subtract tool, cause combione curves, combine etc non of that works I want the BLANK WHITE from the box to cut away from the wings. 

typically you could use a weld or punch through function for that.

basically draw a box where you want it empty for your text and weld or punch it.

• Like 1

It SHOULD have it there even in the lowest "cut" version I would think. If you can't find it just place the box and put the text on top of it like you want and cut all the colors at once and you will have the exact same thing. Another "thinking inside the box" moment. That's two this week. 

• Like 1

Guest LODeal

@darcshadow, does this work in vinylmaster cut?  It appears you are using a version that is not sold by us cutter anymore.  I can't find any reference to punch out in help topics of vinylmaster cut.

I encourage you to take the time to register as a regular member for this forum, it's totally free. The bonus is that your posts won't be delayed, waiting for moderator approval.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 5:41 PM, Guest LODeal said:

@darcshadow, does this work in vinylmaster cut?  It appears you are using a version that is not sold by us cutter anymore.  I can't find any reference to punch out in help topics of vinylmaster cut.

I just did a google search for Vinyl Master video's there are tons of them out there. I don't know for sure that cut has this ability, but I would assume so, as it's a pretty basic function.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.