mikster

Cutting Plotter 1350 driver anyone?

Picked up this 53" plotter for dirt cheap but dont have driver anyone know where I can download it?

20200713_143343.jpg

I think it's a China plotter.  It only shows name: Cutter Plotter model 1350.  This the only video I've found of the plotter 

try both of the mh drivers listed on this page--  it appears to be one of the foreign sold refine plotters so thinking this might work.

What cutting software are you going to use with it - a search on the forum will have signblazer which is free to get you going and later maybe vinylmaster for an updated software

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads.html

Does it have a serial port? If so, you shouldn't actually need a driver, just the necessary cables and a configured comm port.

• Like 1

thinking that is one of the newer ones and that is a usb cable hanging over the top of it.

It doesnt have a serial port.  Theres a usb and not sure what the other port is.  I'll attach a pic.

20200713_143332.jpg

Did you ever install the usb chipset drivers I mentioned earlier?  Without them it will not communicate with any cutting software 

I downloaded the mh1 and mh2 driver on that link.  Installed the mh1 but not the mh2 cause i have no idea what to do with that file.

10 minutes ago, mikster said:

I downloaded the mh1 and mh2 driver on that link.  Installed the mh1 but not the mh2 cause i have no idea what to do with that file.

The driver link to the the mh2 is an .exe file, you should just be able to double click it and the driver should install itself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikster said:

I ran the file you suggest and 'RedSail' isn't on the dropdown menu. 

Yes, it is on the dropdown menu (Output device) in cutter setup.

Your cutter may not work using a RedSail driver, of course, and other options of OEM cutter models must be tried until you get the machine to respond.

3 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Yes, it is on the dropdown menu (Output device) in cutter setup.

Your cutter may not work using a RedSail driver, of course, and other options of OEM cutter models must be tried until you get the machine to respond.

What slice is saying is you have to try different plotters in the output device list because your plotter wasn’t in production 9 years ago the last time this software had an update due to the owner passing away. So to use the free abandon ware software takes some trial and error 

After some browsing around i found a seller on amazon that's selling the same plotter.  Looks like the company name is SIGNKEY (https://www.amazon.ca/SIGNKEY-Automatic-Contour-Function-Bluetooth/dp/B0721SXSR3).  So i'm a bit confused on how plotters work....basically first thing I need is the correct driver right?  Then install a preferred program to do the art work then press cut.  Is it as simple as that or am i missing something?  

The ad says  "Discontinued by manufacturer"  Every ad that I have read about this cutter says "Support Corel Draw output directly".  Nothing about which cutting software it would work on except WinPCsign Basic.  (They have on ad)  But this same company does have a regular website.  Maybe contact them.    Looking at Signcut software, they do support this cutter. Flexi software also supports this cutter.  According to Vinyl Master list  It shows this.   That would have to be purchased at the VinylMaster.com website. 

SK

1100H, 1100ds, 1350H, 1350ds, 1600H, 1600ds, 720H, 720ds, 850H, 850ds, JK-1100, JK-1350, JK-720

You could try it on trial Signcut  Or Vinyl Master

https://www.sign-in-china.com/products/16171/24_quot_vinyl_sign_cutter_with_automatic_contour_cut_function_bluetooth_output.html

You stated you got the cutter cheap, so get yourself a good updated software to run it. 

• Like 2

I have the Vevor 1350 and you can use Easycutstudio downloaded from the internet. Make sure you select the right port under cutter settings for it to communicate with the computer.

Just a friendly piece of advice for everyone who is contemplating purchasing a USED cutter --

Always have the seller provide a demonstration of it working with the computer connected, and then, ask for that computer to be included with the sale!

Otherwise, what you may be purchasing is just an expensive brick.

I had a friend of mine purchase a Vevor machine, it would NOT run correctly with SignBlazer, no matter what.
The unit came with a version of SignMaster that had the correct driver. You may wish to contact them to ask if your model is supported.  https://signmastercut.com

I have a K1-1350 and it came with SignMaster Cut, basic cutting software.  It came with signmaster on a thumbdrive - which could not be used to install the software. Had to use the optical drive to install.It's decent budget cutter, but so far has been working flawlessly.  If you can find a copy of SignMaster Cut, it comes with the drivers and all that is needed. Of course since I am answering you two years too late, if you haven't gotten it working then you likely have tossed it.  I bought mine new from vevor.com for around $500.  Mine has a comm port, which your model unfortunately does not have - and the comm port is easiest way to set up. If you use the USB port, then you need the driver. https://signmaster.software/cut-tools-features/

• Like 2