Ele Toys

USCutter SC not cutting

Hi, I'm new to using a  cutter. I purchased a USCutter SC 50" from someone who upgraded. He said it was working fine. This was about 6 months ago. I just had the time to set it up and try it out. I went through the whole process of getting the USB to serial converter (Tripp-lite) got it all set up, computer and cutter talking....but no cutting. It appears to send the file but the screen on the cutter just says "is now cutting". Nothing moves at all.  I ran the test using the test feature on the cutter and it acts like it is cutting but the blade doesn't drop down.   Any suggestions?  Thanks, Cindy

I don't see where you are mention which cutting software that you are using. So which cutting software, on which operating system? So when you are running the TEST on the cutter, the cutter doesn't cut? Are you sure you have the cutter online? 

I have no idea what a HEIC file is. Windows photo viewer doesn't support this file format..     And I didn't see anything on the MOV file, only sounds. 

Do you have the ring of the blade holder inside the carriage arm?  Then clamped down?   It is supposed to be inside.. Is the carriage arm/ blade holder going up and down at all?   Can you push it up and down? Did you see this cutter cutting?   Do you have your blade holder down in the carriage arm correctly?  Make sure the wheels of the carriage head are firmly down in the track.  Maybe someone that owns an SC will come a long and help.  This is just a user to user forum. 

• Like 1

No, it doesn't go up and down by itself - yes, I can push it up and down - no, I didn't see this cutter cutting. I don't think he'd fib to me, we're a pretty small town and that would be bad for his sign business. As far as the blade in the holder, I think so, it looks right. Thank you for your help - I sent an e-mail to USCutter as well so hopefully they can help.  :)

I can see in your video the blade holder going up and down - I also see the ridge on the blade holder on top of the clamp and believe on that plotter that ridge ride on a groove inside the clamp

26 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I can see in your video the blade holder going up and down - I also see the ridge on the blade holder on top of the clamp and believe on that plotter that ridge ride on a groove inside the clamp

It looked like on the video it was going up and down to me also. But she said no.   Yes, there is a youtube video, which I watched, that showed the ring of the blade holder inside the clamp.  She didn't reply to that. 

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It looked like on the video it was going up and down to me also. But she said no.   Yes, there is a youtube video, which I watched, that showed the ring of the blade holder inside.  She didn't reply to that. 

like in my cousin vinnie mrs riley - "maybe it't time for new glasses :)

I swear the blade holder is dropping down and lifting up.

• Like 2

on this model of plotter, this ring actually goes in a groove inside the holder clamp - - - - as mentioned above - the way it is the blade will never touch the vinyl

83537852_4517225818291415_3992002079073903532_o.jpg

• Like 1

where was slice when you need him - he owns a sc and could have solved this hours ago :blink:

• Haha 1

You guys are awesome, thank you so much!!!  You were correct, I had the blade in the holder wrong - and that I'm in need of new glasses...... B)  

Now on to the next step!!  :)

• Like 1