Style

Some assembly required?

just got my new cap press I wasn't aware it needed to be assembled most if the screws were in the box except a few so I'm attempting  to save myself the headaches of shipping..

This is my item anyone know where the yellow wire goes.. i have managed to get the rest pretty much where it needed to be i think..

20200711_235713.jpg

20200711_235346.jpg

20200711_234736.jpg

20200711_235335.jpg

Ground wire, needs to touch bare metal on the machine body. Just attach it to that hole with a screw, close the cover, and you should be up and running.

I’m thinking with that whole wiring harness to be off inside and that many screws it took a hell of a beating in transit 

• Like 1

Update I attached the yellow wire with green strip to the body and used a spare nut on top of the screw and the terminal fell apart.. smh soon new terminal it is.. 

I'm just thinking now what would happen if I would have not paid attention and plugged it in.. 

20200712_002100.jpg

20200712_002107.jpg

ok well now its works and has no rattles, I did my first cap I need alot of practice.. still missing some screws but I guess thats no extra charge right..( be cool if I got some kinda credit for having to deal with this nonsense a nice coupon code for next purchase,hint hint..)

20200712_011121.jpg

3 hours ago, Style said:

ok well now its works and has no rattles, I did my first cap I need alot of practice.. still missing some screws but I guess thats no extra charge right..( be cool if I got some kinda credit for having to deal with this nonsense a nice coupon code for next purchase,hint hint..)

This is a users forum so other than an atta-boy for being a problem solver that's about all we have for you.

That's a big logo for a cap. If you do those that large you will want to build in on a curve. Best way I know to do that is to take a piece of paper and cut yourself a pattern of the arc of the face of that hat and then scan that in and use the image as a template to get the right amount of curve on it. You will find hats tend to vary as well so what works on one may not on another (as far as curve). My clients have mostly been doing smaller 2" to 2.5" tall by 3" wide stuff on one side. That has been the recent trend around here. 

Do they offer different size lower platens for that press? I have a press that has several options and it definilty helps out to have a couple different sizes. I mostly use the smallest one for most hats and only use the bigger one (the regular standard sized that came with the press) for taller logos.

When placing the cap the best method I have is to try to seat it as best you can then do a light press to pre-heat and lift the heat platen back up and stretch the hat around the lower platen now that it has some heat to help you. 

You will find other great uses for the hat press. They work really good for shoulder or sleeve logos and stuff on things like gym shorts and the like. 

• Like 1

Glad you got it running, too bad it was quite a circus for you to get to that point.

Mahalo for keeping us updated on your journey.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 9:56 PM, Wildgoose said:

This is a users forum so other than an atta-boy for being a problem solver that's about all we have for you.

That's a big logo for a cap. If you do those that large you will want to build in on a curve. Best way I know to do that is to take a piece of paper and cut yourself a pattern of the arc of the face of that hat and then scan that in and use the image as a template to get the right amount of curve on it. You will find hats tend to vary as well so what works on one may not on another (as far as curve). My clients have mostly been doing smaller 2" to 2.5" tall by 3" wide stuff on one side. That has been the recent trend around here. 

Do they offer different size lower platens for that press? I have a press that has several options and it definilty helps out to have a couple different sizes. I mostly use the smallest one for most hats and only use the bigger one (the regular standard sized that came with the press) for taller logos.

When placing the cap the best method I have is to try to seat it as best you can then do a light press to pre-heat and lift the heat platen back up and stretch the hat around the lower platen now that it has some heat to help you. 

You will find other great uses for the hat press. They work really good for shoulder or sleeve logos and stuff on things like gym shorts and the like. 

Yes it was to big lol my firat cap i ever did lol gotta learn on something lol

• Like 1