Sign in to follow this  
Mjen

HTV wrinkling

Gildan cotton shirt with siser HTV. Applied at proper heat w circuit easy press. Preheated shirt first. Appeared to apply fine. Next day it is wrinkling. Little puckers in the vinyl. There were a couple then a couple more a few hours later.  Not sure how to post picture. 

temp - time and pressure are the key to getting a good press - after you pressed did you see the pattern of the shirt in the htv?   I have never used a cricut easy press but would think it would be very hard to get the right pressure for long enough without a clamp down feature like a clamshell or swing away press

9 hours ago, Mjen said:

Gildan cotton shirt with siser HTV. Applied at proper heat w circuit easy press. Preheated shirt first. Appeared to apply fine. Next day it is wrinkling. Little puckers in the vinyl. There were a couple then a couple more a few hours later.  Not sure how to post picture. 

I do a lot of HTV work. I would concur with Dakota that the press is the likely culprit. Siser is almost never the issue. I have done literally a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of shirts with Siser and only once ever had a bad roll. There is no comparison between a hand operated heating iron style press and even the cheapest budget model of actual clam or swinger press. Siser says you can apply their product with a hand iron but I wish they wouldn't. Seems like every time we see an issue it's frequently when done with a hand iron. Heck, even with a clam press there are potential ways to mess a job up. Buttons or thick sewn seams can hold a press up just enough to cause an issue. They make press pillows and press pads to deal with that sort of thing. 

• Like 1