REDDOOR124

Vector Magic Download

On my System is Corel 9 and 12.

After a trace with VM it opens up into 12 and just shows a grey square as attached. I can't get a reply from VM and need some help if possible. Should I take off Corel 12 since I use Corel 9 mostly? I'm not an artist so Corel 9 has worked for me many many years.  For now I need to know why this issue is happening?   Thank You

Vector Magic Grey Square.jpg

Just a black/white jpeg...this happens regardless if it is a company logo or artwork found on the web....The trace comes out fine.  On my home computer where I only have Corel 9 it opens up fine...problem is its out and now I have the Blue Screen of death....so ready to buy a laptop...In the meantime I'd like to solve the issue at my office computer...

so what does it look like if you just open it with Corel 9. If you have both installed on the computer and one works use the one that works.

I'm no expert by far but guessing that in windows whatever format VM is creating it in is set to open in 12 - I am sure you can either go into windows and set that format to open in 9 or maybe set VM to save it in a file location and import it into 9 afterwards 

Advice how would be great....Self taught but I've been asking VM this for years...Now that my home computer has the Blue Screen of death I'm in need of my business VM working....Appreciate it!

Google search for your version of Windows and on how to reset the default application for whatever format you have Vector Magic converting it. Then you can designate CD9 instead of CD12.

• Like 1

Or rather than clicking on a file and hoping the program you want to open opens, open the program you want and then open the file with said program.

• Like 2

Is it not possible to just save the file, rather than open it, when VM is done vectorizing it?

Yes.....basically lack of support.   After the tracing (which works very good for most clear art) I click the DOWNLOAD button than click the EPS  and thus I get the Grey Square.

It also happened in another program I tried and I thought removing 12 would do the trick but no luck and had to restore it 

1 hour ago, REDDOOR124 said:

Yes.....basically lack of support.   After the tracing (which works very good for most clear art) I click the DOWNLOAD button than click the EPS  and thus I get the Grey Square.

It also happened in another program I tried and I thought removing 12 would do the trick but no luck and had to restore it 

After download, don’t click on it, go into Corel 9 and import it from the downloaded location 

Opened in the Gray square....I imported the eps file. They were there but no luck.  Appreciate the help from all.

How do you know it's tracing correctly if all you see is a grey square? Sounds like it's not tracing correctly. Have you tried other vectoring programs? VinylMaster is really good at it and Inkscape is as well. Inkscape is free.

• Like 1

The traced image shows on the screen before you download.  I'll check the other 2 out...just frustrating.  If the image traces lousy I have a graphic person I pay to trace but most easy ones work great.

corel and vinylmaster both have a great vector tool built in - just a thought.  I have used corel for years to vector my stuff and nothing even came close until vinylmaster 

Is there any chance this is a 'trial' kind of feature? (i.e. you only get so many good one, or it timed out on the trial, etc.)