Guest Brian McKnight

Adding extra cuts for weeding.

Guest Brian McKnight

I want to add extra cut lines in my smaller files so I don’t have to do it with a xacto knife. It makes weeding for beginners a lot easier and the fine line and curly texts don’t lift as bad. 

Ok, nothing stopping you. Or are you asking how to do it? Just use the pen tool and draw lines where ever you like. I prefer the Polyline tool for something like this but any of them would work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guest Brian McKnight said:

I want to add extra cut lines in my smaller files so I don’t have to do it with a xacto knife. It makes weeding for beginners a lot easier and the fine line and curly texts don’t lift as bad. 

trick for find lines and curly text is use the absolute least amount of blade exposure possible, slow the machine way down and with most servo plotters it should cut fine with a sharp blade - I use cleancut 60 degree blades for all my cuts because we do a lot of fine work 

I'm not of the fan of the software generated weed boxes / easy weed / whatever you want to call it. I will always add my one cut relief lines, makes it so much easier to deal with.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.