Jake95

Graphtec ce1000-60 with signblazer

I bought a graphtec ce1000-60 a couple years ago that came with a computer, all was going well until the computer packed it in. Now I’ve got an Asus laptop with windows 7 on it and have signblazer software, but can’t for the life of me get anything to cut. I’ve got a parralel to USB connection. Anybody know how I can get it to work again? Cheers.

When it was working on the old computer were you using the USB to Parallel adapter?

Have you installed the correct drivers for the USB to Parallel adapter?

Have you tried Graphtec's software?

http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/software/cuttingplotters.html

Do you have SB configured correctly? Just had a post the other day where someone had their software set to HP-GL rather than GP-GL for their Graphtec.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, darcshadow said:

When it was working on the old computer were you using the USB to Parallel adapter?

Have you installed the correct drivers for the USB to Parallel adapter?

Have you tried Graphtec's software?

http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/software/cuttingplotters.html

Do you have SB configured correctly? Just had a post the other day where someone had their software set to HP-GL rather than GP-GL for their Graphtec.

The old computer was just parallel straight into the back of the computer, no USB connection. I couldn’t find another computer with a parallel connection, but the plotter came with a USB-parallel adapter.

what would the correct driver for that be?

i downloaded the 2000-60 driver which I was told was the one for the 1000-60 As well, but when I went to install it didn’t come up with any of the right plotters, from memory it only had a 5000 model, 6000 model and some other one.

what would be the correct configurations? I believe they’re the same as they were on the old computer 

There should have been a driver with the USB/parallel adapter. Either on a CD, or instructions on where to download it from. When you plug the device into the computer, does the computer recognize as a parallel port? To check, go to your control panel, device manager, Ports. You should see something there with (LPT1) at the end of it, number might be different, you're really just looking for the LPT. If you don't have one, then you don't have the usb adapter installed.

Check the adapter and see if you can find a model number or manufacture on it. Google that information to see if you can find a driver.

Option 2 would be to use the serial port. But I'm guessing the laptop doesn't have a serial port either?

I also just realized the graphtec software I linked to doesn't have the CE1000 listed so don't worry about trying any of those.