CWall2001

Acquired a Graphtec CE5000-40-CRP...HELP!

OK so my parents own a business and they are closing (basically due to this Covid stuff).  I do a good bit of freelance graphic design from home and they decided to give me this cutter from their store.  I have read on here and tried to figure it out without having to ask, but I'm a little bit lost/overwhelmed.  What software is best for me to download/purchase?  I have a Windows 10 PC.  Basically what I'd mostly be interested in using this for is simple lettering and stuff like that I guess.  Just trying to figure out how to make this thing work.  Thanks for any help in advance.

It's a Model No. CE5000-40-CRP (Craft ROBO ProS) by Graphtec

Cutting Plotter CE5000

vinylmaster - good solid program designed for plotters, upgradable and being updated all the time.  there is signblazer downloads on here for free but it hasn't been updated in 8 years since the owner passed away and can be quirky.  if you like the cheaper version of vinylmaster there is also a link under that section of the forum with a link for 50 percent off upgrades

They have a download so you can try before you buy but the demo version won't let you cut

41 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

vinylmaster - good solid program designed for plotters, upgradable and being updated all the time.  there is signblazer downloads on here for free but it hasn't been updated in 8 years since the owner passed away and can be quirky.  if you like the cheaper version of vinylmaster there is also a link under that section of the forum with a link for 50 percent off upgrades

They have a download so you can try before you buy but the demo version won't let you cut

Ok cool, I'll check those out,  thanks a ton.  I don't even know what the capabilities of this thing are, but interested in finding out.  Like I said I'm a freelance graphic designer so depending on it's capabilities, I can design just about anything.  I think this could be a really cool hobby/addition to what I do.  

48 minutes ago, CWall2001 said:

Thanks a ton!  That's sort of what I was looking for.  Not sure how I didn't find that, I have been looking on here off/on all morning. Thanks again!

When I follow the link to download the firmware update version 3.9 it doesn't download anything, just takes me back to their site???

Too many users have crashed/locked up their cutters downloading the newer firmware.  Why are you wanting to?  I have owned my Graphtec since 2008. I have never downloaded new firmware. I have never had any types of problems with my Graphtec. 

• Like 1

Typically it's only advisable to mess with firmware if you have a problem.

• Like 1

if the firmware instal fails be prepared to spend $750 on a mainboard if you can find one - we have seen this many times before and the reason people here are reluctant to advise anyone to update firmware 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1