We just got out SC2 a few weeks ago. Since then, we have done about 20 shirts with no issues. Yesterday, I went to cut a new logo for my husbands business and noticed the edges were getting rounded. I had previously had issues with the the blade offset being too high and fixed it-- now set at .25. With the rounded edges, I thought the offset was too low so I raised it to .30-- and the offset, was again, too high. Maybe the edges are fine and i'm being too obsessive. Can anyone else tell the difference? 

IMG_0677.jpeg

IMG_0676.jpeg

If nothing has changed you might take a close look at your blade, has it gotten damaged? How did you you set your blade depth, if you had to much blade exposed, the tip breaking off is pretty easy to happen.

Thank you all! I have decided I am going to try to take the vinyl off the shirts and try again with all the tips!

If the vinyl was put on well, taking it off is not easy and it'd be much faster to just buy a new shirt and try again.

• Like 2

I realize and agree that the corners are well rounded but I don't think it looks bad. Sort of a true stencil vibe to it. 

Start with your blade exposed length as the first thing to dial in. Most new users have way way way too much sticking out and can even break a tip off. Once set then you can dial in the pressure and do a blade offset test like the one shown, probably at the same time.  Just make a series of about 3 small squares about 1/2" each and cut them and play with the offset until they are crisp.  You should cut all the way through the vinyl and leave a scratch on the paper backing that you can't feel from the back side. Do not set your pressure on HTV. In the end your regular sign vinyl pressure will probably be about the same but the adhesive carriers are much harder to tell whether you have too much pressure. 

• Like 1