Sign in to follow this  
Laxpro2

Want to get more storefront customers

I feel like im burnt out doing all these orders for small decals. Ive done 2 store front jobs and I made much more than I would with small decals and took less time. 

What are some things you guys do to get more of these jobs?

I can't speak for anyone else's retail environment, but locally - everyone is always looking for a deal, and if you throw a stone, you'll generally hit someone here that either has a cutter, or knows someone who has a cutter. I don't do this full time, but I do have a few commercial customers - it's mostly word of mouth, but a customer will choose me because I give them a very good price because I don't do the installation. I will explain it to them, how to prep and do a wet application, give them all the caveats, tell them to watch a few YouTube videos on installation, and they feel empowered to do it themselves to save a dime or two.

I'm not opposed to doing he installation myself, I'm just kind of a/r and if I'm a smidge off or crooked, it would make me mental and I'd want to do the job all over again. So I spare myself the grief. Hahaha.

Things like store hours on doors and windows are very easy to accomplish, and especially now that all these re-opening places want to show they have regular operating times again. Do a few examples and take & print photos, those are your 'calling cards' as you go around to local businesses. Hit the pavement, that's really how to get these types of projects.

Another way is to make banners and A-Frames (with 2'x3' inserts) and place them roadside. USCutter sells  banner blanks, and A-Frames

I have been able to get work by telling the potential client --- I'll install the promotional signs at no cost upfront, and you don't owe me if they fail to generate any new customers. That's right, free, free, free. Free. With one stipulation --- each customer must be asked to reveal how they came to be in the store, and when the first person says "I saw your sign" they owe me for the job. I always get paid.

20190629_135026.jpg

On 7/1/2020 at 1:25 AM, Laxpro2 said:

I feel like im burnt out doing all these orders for small decals. Ive done 2 store front jobs and I made much more than I would with small decals and took less time. 

What are some things you guys do to get more of these jobs?

I never did small decals always larger signage, lighted signs and  dimensional lettering, channel letters etc

• Like 1

Quick hint:  Local truck dealerships.

(always use the 751 cast vinyl for truck sides with rivets. And buy a 1/2-rounded OSHEE felt squeegee to work the application around those rivetheads.)

• Like 1