Sign in to follow this  
cmykburnley

Perf / kiss cut Roland gr540

Hi guys. 

I bought a gr 540 cutter recently. Now the perf cut is ok. Takes a lot of tweaking to get spot on. It's painfully slow when perf cutting. 

I'm printing and laminating A5 stickers then cutting. A supplier who sells me smart knives has suggested using a low tack app tape on the reverse of the print run and kiss cutting them. 

Then they should peel out with the backing.... I can't seem to get it right. 

Has anyone else done this method? 

for 6-7 years with my roland printers - i just print them and cut them on a rotary cutter instead of trying to "kiss cut" and messing up my cutting strip and wear on blades  - -- maybe someone else will chime in that did that.  pelling the deals off a square was easier for the people buying than trying to get an edge to lift.

The roland GR has a groove for perf cutting,so not to damage the cutting strip but it can be very unpredictable in terms of slipping off and going off on its own merry dance.

Just needed a quicker solution to hand trimming 5k A5 stickers. 

• Like 1

So he is saying use the low tack as a new carrier so you can cut right through your original without having to dork with the perf/kiss cut? Sounds plausible as the myth busters might say. I have done similar with cutting stencils. I usually had to use more than a single layer in that application to create enough stiffness and if you are doing lots of these that would become cost prohibitive.

If you have the option, how about up-selling the perf cut so you still get your full price and sell them on the roll at regular price and then if they must have the perf maybe you can at least make a little more to offset the PIA factor. 

• Like 1