MaryAnn Chung

T Series Cutter cutting mirrored and backwards

My cutter was working quite fine cutting in the right direction. I needed to move my computer so to get a longer cable , I used a usb extension that came with my magic jack and cutter defaulted to mirror cut and top to bottom instead of right to left direction. 

If I select MIRROR button it cuts unmirrored but backwards and still downward. I removed the extension but it has not resolved. I also tried uninstall/reinstall the cutter but no resolve.

I have a generic "made in China" cutter. I'm not a professional and I'm on a tight budget. I saw elsewhere that a Keyspan USB/Serial adapter will resolve the issue. I see cheaper ones than Keyspan...will they work? I appreciate any help. Thank you kindly.

What is a magic jack?

The data being sent to the cutter can sometimes degrade over a long USB, or when using a USB extension. Have you tried to go back to the original setup (computer & USB cable) to see if the problem persists, or if it will cut normally? That might also help to eliminate the extension or whatever that magic jack is.

11 hours ago, MaryAnn Chung said:

I see cheaper ones than Keyspan...will they work?

Maybe, but it's a gamble, Keyspan is known to work for sure and is worth the extra few bucks. You'll also need a serial cable, cutter should have come with one. If you do not have the original cable, check the manual to see if you need a straight cable or a null modem cable. Most cutters use a Null modem, but not all.

12 hours ago, MaryAnn Chung said:

My cutter was working quite fine cutting in the right direction. I needed to move my computer so to get a longer cable , I used a usb extension that came with my magic jack and cutter defaulted to mirror cut and top to bottom instead of right to left direction. 

If I select MIRROR button it cuts unmirrored but backwards and still downward. I removed the extension but it has not resolved. I also tried uninstall/reinstall the cutter but no resolve.

I have a generic "made in China" cutter. I'm not a professional and I'm on a tight budget. I saw elsewhere that a Keyspan USB/Serial adapter will resolve the issue. I see cheaper ones than Keyspan...will they work? I appreciate any help. Thank you kindly.

first - is it a tc cutter or another plotter as you mentioned a t series plotter and that is the only t series I have heard of - that helps us to understand which beast we are dealing with.  longer usb cables have more loss and cause problems.  cheaper usb to serial adapters other than the keyspan ,that we know works, many times have the same cheap chipset that is in the low end plotters so that does not help eliminate the problems created by those chipsets and the reason keyspan is recommended. 

all software I have seen has options to mirror and flip the image - I would look further in the software you are using - again I have no idea what that is.

if your magicjack is the old usb unit you use for your phone that should not be on the usb connection to your computer anywhere - use another port on the computer for that - again little information so assuming you are using a usb hub somewhere in that extension you mentioned